38

It was around 11 at night for Dylan when the phone woke her up. She let it ring a few times, not wanting to get out of bed, but when it wouldn't shut up and she realized Liz wasn't up to answer it, she willed herself up, letting out an annoyed groan as she did.

"Hello?" She answered flatly.

"Dyl! Great, you're awake! It's John!"

"John?" She asked, letting out a yawn. "Why are you calling?"

"Oi, it's nice to talk to you too," John laughed. "Well, your boyfriend is having a fit and has been for the past hour and we're not quite sure what to do so we called you."

"I'm in LA, John," she answered. "And I'm not his mother."

"I know, but I panicked!" John said, followed by some muffled yelling in the background.

"What the hell is going on over there?" Dylan asked.

"How old are you?!" She heard someone, she thought it was Freddie, scream.

"Roger and Freddie are fighting," John said casually.

"That isn't breaking news, Deacy," she replied, letting out a light laugh. There was a bit of shuffling on the other end before Brian got on the line.

"Yeah, but now Roger locked himself in a cupboard and is refusing to come out," Brian said.

"What?"

"Roger is in a cupboard and won't come out," Brian repeated.

"Is this a metaphor for something?"

"No, he's in a cupboard," John said.

"Are you guys drunk?"

"I wish," the two boys said in unison, making her let out a tired laugh.

"Is this a prank?" She asked. "Because I'm really not believing it-"

She was cut off by some shuffling over the phone, followed by some quiet swears before Freddie got on the phone.

"Dyl, Roger is being a pain in the arse, as per usual," he told her, and she heard some muffled yelling in the background. She assumed it was Roger.

"Why is he being a pain in the arse?"

"Fucker wants his car song on the B-side of the single and I simply won't have it," Freddie stated, and Dylan was convinced it was some weird fever dream.

"His - I - what?" She asked tiredly.

"Oh, he didn't tell you about his masterpiece?" Freddie said sarcastically. "Some boyfriend he is."

"Oi!" She heard someone yell.

"Hey, Roggie," Freddie said, tapping on the cupboard door. "Why don't you tell Dylan over here what you wrote?"

"Why the bloody hell is she involved in this now?!"

Dylan was close to just hanging up the phone, convinced this was all some weird, hyper-realistic dream.

"He wrote a love song for his car and wants it to be the B-side of the single," Freddie told Dylan as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Wha-"

"What if we take the doors off the cupboard?" She heard John suggest, quickly followed by a stern 'No!' from Brian.

Soon enough, the boys were back to arguing amongst themselves, seemingly forgetting that Dylan was on the phone. It wasn't until about 15 minutes later when Freddie finally gave in.

"Fine!" He yelled. "Do what you want, but if the single fails, I'm blaming you!"

It was quiet over the phone then while Roger crawled out of his cupboard with a proud look on his face.

Dylan was about to hang up again just as Roger picked up the phone.

"Dyl?" He asked. "How are you doing, love?"

"Did all that just happen?" She asked, ignoring his question.

"Yes, it did," he replied casually.

"Okay, I'm tired," she said, making him laugh.

"I didn't know they were gonna actually call you, I'm sorry," he told her.

"Don't worry about it," she said with a light laugh. "It was entertaining, but really, Rog? A cupboard?"

"Drastic times call for drastic measures."

"You're an idiot."

"I got my way, didn't I?" He challenged.

"Fair enough," she laughed. "I'm going back to sleep now."

"Wow. Am I that boring?"

"Yes, incredibly boring," she joked, making them both laugh.

"Yet you still hang around me," he said.

"You're fun to have around sometimes."

"Ouch. That hurts, Dillie."

"What the fuck did you just call me?"

"Dillie. Heard your mom say it. Been waiting for a good time to use it. Jane told me you'd love it."

"Of course she did," Dylan said less than enthusiastically. "You really can be a pain in the arse."

"Glad to see you think so highly of me."

"You're welcome."

"Hilarious," he said sarcastically. "When are you coming to visit?"

"Huh?"

"When you making your way across the pond?" He asked. "I miss you and my mom and sister won't stop asking about you."

"I have school, Rog," she told him. "You know that."

"When do you have a break? Just come then."

She let out a yawn before replying. "I don't remember right now."

"Well, find out!" He exclaimed, making them both laugh. "We start tour in November. Then we have a break at Christmas, possibly one show closeby then."

"I don't know if I can go near Christmas-"

"Just think about it," he said, earning a laugh.

"Okay, okay, i will. I have an early class tomorrow. I'm going to sleep now," Dylan said, feeling her eyes getting heavy again.

"Alright, Dyl. Sorry again about the boys."

"Don't worry, Rog," she said with a light laugh. "I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Good night, love."

A/N: this is filler I'm sorry I just really wanted to update again since it's been a while! I have some fun ideas coming soon though! If you have any requests  or ideas or anything lemme know :)

Also, is anyone doing the You Are The Champions video thing? I submitted mine today!: