50

Roger and Dylan didn't end up going out to dinner that night.

It snowed again during the day, and the temperature had dropped significantly from the previous day,
so they decided they would just stay in the apartment where it was warm. They'd just cook dinner themselves.

They were a bit limited of what to make since it'd been a while since Roger went grocery shopping.

And since neither of them wanted to go buy groceries in the cold, they had to make do with instant noodles and some freezer burned vegetables Dylan found in the back of his freezer.

So, after cooking the food, cleaning up the water that had overflowed when boiling - which Roger insisted wasn't his fault - they sat side by side on the couch to eat dinner and watch Dylan's choice of movie, Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Roger didn't have much of a choice after mentioning to her that he'd never seen it.

"Considering these vegetables were probably in your freezer for like a year, this is delicious," Dylan said.

"Hey, they weren't that old," he defended.

"Okay, fine. Six months," she said with a laugh, making him roll his eyes.

"Look at us being adults and cooking," he joked. "Granted, we only did it because we didn't want to go out in the cold."

"Hey, we still did it," Dylan laughed.

They ate mostly in silence. Occasionally Dylan would stop eating so she could answer Roger's questions about the movie or dramatically sing along to the songs.

She was in the middle of singing Tim Curry's part in Rose Tint My World when Roger took both of their dishes to the kitchen to wash them, coming back into the living room to find Dylan standing on top of his coffee table and following the actions as best she could.

"I don't know whether to ask what or why," Roger said as he watched her with an amused look on his face.

"This is why you need to learn these songs!" She exclaimed, jumping off the table to stand in front of him. "You can be the Riff-Raff to my Magenta. The Eddie to my Columbia."

"I literally have no idea what any of that means," he told her.

"Have you been paying attention at all?" She asked as they sat back down next to each other.

"I have," he told her. "And I still don't know what's going on. I get to pick the next movie."

And he did. Their second and last movie of the night was Clockwork Orange.

Dylan had never seen it before. And she was weirded out, to say the least.

"What the...." She kept mumbling to herself while Roger let out light laughs at her reactions.

"What do you think?" He asked.

"I think I'm not going to sleep tonight," she replied.

"Aw, is someone afraid?" He teased.

"No," she defended. "Just weirded out. And a little disturbed."

"It's okay, Dyl. I'll protect you," he taunted, the arm that was already around her pulling her in closer.

Roger ended up falling asleep before the end of the movie, and as tempted as Dylan had been to change it once he did, she didn't.

She was that far into the movie. She had to watch it to the end.

Roger woke up later on to Dylan standing in front of him and gently shaking him awake once the movie was over.

"Roger," she whispered. "Rog, get up. Let's go to bed."