34

"You guys fall in?" Grace asked when Roger and Dylan returned to the group.

"We jumped off a cliff," Roger replied.

"What?" John asked, nearly choking on his drink.

"We jumped off of a fucking cliff," Dylan said in the most deadpan tone she could muster, resulting in laughs from everyone.

"In your clothes?" Freddie asked.

"No, we jumped in naked," Roger said sarcastically, earning a snort from Dylan. "We soaked our clothes afterwards."

"You guys are fools," Brian joked.

The group talked as they finished packing up their things before making their way back to the hotel.

The original plan was for them to get back and just immediately get on the bus and be on their way, but there'd been a slight change in plans due to something breaking within the bus.

Though it was unfortunate that they'd be having to leave much earlier the next day than they'd originally thought, it also meant they had an extra night to sleep in a proper bed and have access to a proper bathroom.

Because there was only one bathroom, they did have to take turns on who showered.

Roger had been ready to fight Dylan to be the first one, but that wasn't the case as she easily let him while she practically passed out on the bed once they got back.

Well, she'd tried and been pretty close to being completely out, but she ended up just laying on the bed with her eyes closed while listening to Roger's muffled singing from in the bathroom, occasionally quietly singing along herself when it was a song she knew.

Over an hour later, Roger was done and Dylan seriously doubted that she'd have any hot water left.

"I'm done now if you wanna go," he told her as he walked out. "What? Why are you giving me that look?"

"How the hell are you so tanned?" She said, gesturing to his face and torso. "We were out for one day!"

"It's called sunscreen, love," he said with a laugh.

"I did wear sunscreen," she told him. "And now look at me."

"You look like Rudolph," he laughed, tapping her on the nose and earning a scoff in response. "Go shower and I'll see if the store in the lobby has any aloe for your face."

"Is there any hot water left?" She asked as she passed him to use the washroom.

"I didn't take that long," he argued.

"Sure you didn't."

-

The scalding hot water lasted about halfway through her shower, but she actually wasn't too mad as it was nice on her slightly cooked face.

Meanwhile, Roger had ended up at the drug store across the street from the hotel trying to find aloe, nearly getting kicked out as he didn't think to put on a shirt before leaving the hotel.

The store worker recognized him though, so, thankfully for Roger, he managed to get out without any trouble with just a signature on a scrap piece of paper.

Once he got back to their room, as if on cue, the phone started ringing.

"Rog, my hands are covered in hair product," Dylan called out to him from the bathroom, making him let out a laugh.

"I got it," he replied before picking up the phone and sitting on the bed next to the table. "Hello?"

"Hello. We have a call coming in for a Dylan O'Hare," the concierge said to him, and without thinking, or really paying attention to who the concierge said was calling her, Roger took the call, figuring she'd be out soon enough.