Chapter 12

Tris' POV

We were walking to his house in silence. It was an awkward but yet pleasing silence. It gave me a chance to think of all these years I have gone without my Toby. My best friend. My first crush. And now my boyfriend. It just seems so weird. As we walked with our hands intertwined, I thought humbly of what the explanation could be. Why he didn't keep in touch, why he never came to visit, and why I have lived years with out him.

We walked up to the door and he released my hand as he reached in his pocket for his key. He shuffled in his pocket and then sighed when grabbing hold of the key. He looked at me and grinned, that beautiful grin that I remember being just the same as before. We walked in and headed upstairs to his room. He opened the door and I stood in awe. I have never seen a teenage boys room so clean and neat. He ushered us to his bed as we sat together. He cleared his throat and I could tell he was just as anxious as I was.

He grabbed hold of my hand, and lifted my chin up so I could look into his beautiful eyes. Ones full of secrets and many different things to be discovered.

"I'm sorry Tris. I really am. I regret not keeping in touch. I don't think I can forgive myself for it because when you needed someone I wasn't there. And it wasn't fair to you at all. And the worst thing of all is that this whole time we've been apart my love for you has grown. Grown. And grown but I don't even blame you if you don't want to stay with me. But it would really mean the world to me if you did."

His eyes stayed locked on mine and I could feel hot tears threatening to boil over. He lifts his hand slowly and gently wipes the tears from my cheek, causing my cheeks to turn flush and burn.

"But why? Why not try to come back or even talk to me. You broke my heart Tobias, just leaving me there without a word."

More tears began to flow as I finished my questions full of wonder.

"I didn't mean to Tris, I mean I did but not to hurt you. I didn't think you needed me that much. I thought that my feelings for you weren't something you could return. And I definitely feel like one of the most idiotic guys alive because I want you and everything that could happen between us."

I couldn't help but get choked up. I could barely get out any words to begin with. While looking at our hands, mine engulfed in his. I slowly made my way up to his eyes and could tell he was longing for an answer from me.

"I always need you Tobias. Always. And I feel love for you that no one could ever imagine. I have loved you for all these years. And you aren't an idiot, you just made a mistake, that I completely forgive you for."

My voice came out as barely a whisper, as our eyes stayed locked together. I could see a tear at the rim of his eye, and remembered the last time I saw him cry was as his car backed out of the driveway and left me, lonely and friendless. I reached up and gently rubbed my petite hand against his cheek.

"Thank you. For a second chance Tris."

I nodded. Both of us in tears. As he wrapped his arms around my waist, and urged me forward, causing our bodies t be close together. And he inched forward and as his lips contacted with mine, the kiss full of spark and passion. Making up for all of the years of loneliness, and years without love. Years full of hurt and pain and weakness. Are all together recovered from this kiss.

We pulled apart and as he spoke it mad a smile crack upon my face.

"I've missed you Trissy."

And all felt right.

"And I've missed you Toby."