Chapter 7

It's a normal and convenient routine for Christina to pick me up for school now and drop me off. I had another nightmare last night about my father but for some reason I was stuck watching him beat Caleb, Christina, Will, Uriah, Marlene, Zeke, Shauna, and Four. I wasn't able to save my friends stuck watching them being abused and I can't even help them. The dream ends when he beats Four to his death and I end up being in a fit of screams and tears. This was all my fault, the selfless side of me was striving to save them from that horrid beast but I was unable to. I woke up shaking crying and sweating and apparently I must have screamed in my sleep because Caleb ran from his room with a bat in his hand ready to swing at the thing that made me scream.

"Tris what is it?" He frantically looks around the room and slowly realized there was nothing there. I snuggled as he plopped on my bed beside me, I can't believe in my dream all of the people I cared about died because of me.

"It was another nightmare Caleb. I didn't mean to wake you." He shook his head and pulled me in for a hug.

"No need to be sorry Tris it's ok." We say there for a moment until I told him I was fine.

Thinking about the night before puts my stomach in knots. None of my friends know about my dad, and I don't know if I want them to. I wouldn't do anything that could put any of them in danger.

"Tris what's wrong, you haven't talked since you got in the car." I don't want to pull her into my sorry life.

"It's nothing Christina." She parks the car and we get out.

"You know you can tell me anything." I nod I don't want to hurt her. I want to protect her, she is my best friend and I will fight to protect her and all of the others.

I have been getting along with the group very well. They all seem to like me. Marlene will listen and give you advice she is super sweet but can be very goofy when wanting to. Uriah is the goofiest one of the group, he knows how to make you laugh and just put a smile on your face. And he is still trying to gain the courage to ask Marlene out which I think is adorable. Zeke and Shauna finally got together and anytime they can they act like the cutest couple. They are SOO much alike and they practically fit together. Four is still a jerk at times but nice other times. His personality seems to shine through his tough exterior and I feel like I know him more than I should. I shake my head at the thought. Probably not. I head to lunch with Christina by my side and we are laughing as Uriah puts straws up his nose. Marlene is laughing so hard she is in tears. After we are done crying and laughing at Uriah we talk a little more and laugh a lot more.

"Hey do you guys wanna come to our house and hang out, maybe even play truth or dare." We all answered in a lot of yeses. And suddenly my day changes to being a fun one. I can't wait for after school and we can hang out.