Chapter 1

I just finished packing my last box and suitcase for all of my belongings. I look at my now empty room and sigh. So many things have happened here. This is where I grew with so many memories of happiness but also with terrible memories of my dad. The flashbacks of me in pain having to bandage Caleb up and he did the same in return. This was a continuous routine for us. Feeling the pain from our so called father. We loved him at first but that love was broken with the abuse of trust that we had in our father. He never actually cared and that made us feel like we didn't matter. That we were mistakes in the world and he never would care. I'm taken out of this flashback from a knock on my bedroom door.

"Time to go Tris, are you ready?" I nod as I walk over and he engulfs me in a hug. I'm glad I have had my older brother by my side this whole time. Although he didn't exactly protect me he made me feel safe and loved. We walk downstairs and he has his arm wrapped around my shoulder. I smile at the fact that even though our past broke us down it made our relationship stronger. I smile at my brother and for the first time in years he returns it.

We get into the car and drive to the airport.

We are on Amity Airlines and I look out the window at the beautiful scene below me. The land sketched out and put together precisely creating a landing full of beautiful creations. There is not many times I was able to enjoy my surroundings. Fearing that something will happen, something will bite my back. We were smart to not fight back but cowardly to not protect ourselves from the monster that his under the fakeness of my father. Thinking of all this it brings a lump in my throat and disgust of the past.

Through this plane ride, I read some of my favorite books. Most about bravery and courage, which seem to be one of the qualities of myself. After awhile I stop reading and look out the window until sleep takes me.

My dad is coming towards me, inching closer to me while unloosing his belt. I back away but there is nowhere to go. I lay on the floor and obey my fathers orders and lift my shirt up. I look to my left and right to see my mother and Caleb. As my father strikes me my jaw clenches as tears brim my eyes as he strikes again I let out a sob and then it all goes black.

I jolt up, covered in sweat and tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Tris?? are you ok?" I look at my bother as I see concern and sympathy in his eyes.

"Ya. Just another nightmare about him" I say this with disgust in my voice. He hugs me and rubs circles around my back as I thank God it's all over and I'm safe. And we are away from that beast I used to call my father.