Chapter 4

We walk over to her table and I only hope that I imagine the boy sitting there. The same jerk from this morning.

"Guys this is Tris. Tris this is Will, Uriah, Marlene, Zeke, Shauna, and Four." They all wave and I wave in return. So Four's his name, what kind of name is Four.

We get our lunch and Uriah decided to join us. I grabbed a burger with fries and a soda as I'm about to check out Uriah runs over with a plate in his hand and sets it on my tray.

"Tris you have to try this. Dauntless cake best thing in the world." He smiles widely and I just stifle a laugh. Uriah seems a bit goofy but he is great entertainment. We head back to the table as I watch Four's deep blue eyes follow my every move. Turns out the only open seat is in between Christina and Four. Christina nudges me and I look up at her with curiosity.
"What's up with you and Four?" she whispers this but it wasn't quite a whisper.
"I ran into him this morning, he was just a jerk." She nods slightly and then continues eating.
"Do you like him Tris?" I guess she didn't realize that she didn't whisper that time because everybody at the table including Four looked at us. I felt my cheeks heat up and Christina whisper 'Oops' in my ear and I playfully punch her arm. We all finish our lunch after they laughed at me for my fake crush on Four. I mean honestly he is very good looking but he was a huge jerk. We all walk out of the cafeteria, and I pull Christina to the side.

"You need to learn how to whisper." I give her a death glare with my grip tightened in her wrist.
"Tris I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to say it out loud. " she looks at me with pouty eyes and her bottom lip hanging out.
"Fine. I forgive you, is knocked into him this morning and apologized right away and he said I should watch where I was going and I got all steamed up. So ya I'm not particularly fond of Four at the moment." She laughs at the last sentence, as we headed to our second to last class of the day. Which just so happened to be chorus. I love singing and music in general so this should be fun. Christina informed me that we have all of our classes with Four which I faked a happy dance making her laugh at my reaction. We ended up just having to do some warm ups and sight reading so that was okay.

"Tris, you wanna hang out tonight?" For a second I thought she was joking nobody ever really asks me to hang out so it took me by surprise.
"Sure!" I was excited, I actually had a friend, someone who likes me. I quickly grabbed my phone out of my back pocket and texted my mom and she said that was fine just to be careful. My mom was always so selfless and kind, but it was hard for her to show it with our father always hovering over all of us. Christina and I walked to her car after school and got in.

"You wanna go shopping ?!?" She was excited, and eager I have a feeling she likes to shop.
"Why not." I say with a shrug of my shoulders and then we drive to the mall.