Blood Splattered Walls

Two chapters in one day my Darlings. I think I got my relationship figured out and I'm happy. 

Eri's POV

Daddy put papa in the hospital. After he screamed and screamed all night on Tuesday. Daddy used his quirk on Papa until he fell asleep. Then he carried him all the way to the building with the white walls and floors. I've been sitting with him, coloring in my coloring books.

But, being here. In this place, with the hospital beds, and the doctors coming in and out and Papa thrashing in his sleep. It sends me back to that place. That dark place with it's bloody walls, and it's doctors that aren't friendly. No matter how hard I color in my coloring books, the walls always end up bloody and the colors look like splatters.

I know that I've died before. Overhaul would tell me when I did. When I lost too much blood or fought against the doctors a little too hard and there was an "accident". Or if I made him to angry and he'd take it out on me too much. I don't remember what death is like, other then it being quiet and dark. Colorless.

He would say he reset me, that I was all new and shiny and ready for work. Then he'd stick me with needles and they'd pull out my blood. I won't let them pull out Papa's blood. I bit a doctor who tried to. Papa hugged me and looked out the window.

"Sweetheart you can't do that." He said with tears in his eyes. I almost started crying too. These doctors weren't going to use my papa like those doctors used me.

"I won't let them hurt you Papa. You're already stuck in here. I'll protect you from the evil men." I replied, hands on my hips. He huffed out a small laugh.

"They're not hurting me pumpkin. They need my blood to make sure I'm not sick." He smiled a pained smile. One I used to smile all the time. He's getting lied to and tricked. He doesn't know it yet.

I know this isn't his fault. He's worried about my brother. I'm worried about my brother. He could be getting hurt and he's alone and I don't have enough control over my quirk to save him if it matters.

Shinso is my best friend. Ever since I got adopted by Daddy and Papa, Shinso has always been there for me. Telling me my quirk wasn't evil like Overhaul said it was. That it was kind and gentle, and heals people. He told me about his quirk and how people always said he'd become a villain. He said that we could both prove everyone wrong together. He promised me we would do it together.

Which is why, I'm going to sneak out and find him with Daddy. I overheard daddy and papa talking. Daddy said someone found Shinso and they're going to rescue him tonight. It was the first time Papa and Daddy smiled in a while. They came to get me soon after and we all sat on Papa's hospital bed and cuddled together. Papa fell asleep and Daddy kissed him goodbye.

When daddy left I pecked Papa on the cheek and followed him out. My footsteps soft, like I was back in the place with the blood splattered walls, the place that reeked of death. My death. And I followed daddy into the rain, and followed him into the parking lot. Dodging behind cars when his steps slowed even a little.

When he got to his car he stopped and talked to the driver or the other person in there. This man looked like a skeleton with blonde droopy bunny ears. I wanted to giggle but I held it in. I snuck to the trunk and hopped as daddy got in so they didn't hear me. I stayed in the car for a while after they got out at their next stop.

Then I moved into a bigger truck, hiding in the bed. It was cold and wet but I was under a tarp, so I'd survive. It took awhile but all the trucks stopped and the wind picked up.