Epilogue

Five years later...

"I can't believe you're going on your first date in five years. That's really ridiculous!" Rosa exclaimed.

I chuckled while checking to make sure I had everything. It was ridiculous but I'm finally ready now. Zaine and I had some sort of relationship for the past few months. It wasn't a normal romantic relationship but it was definitely more than the platonic friendship we've had for a while now. Everyone could tell that our relationship was about to take the next step. Even I could tell. So I asked him on a date last Friday.

Of course, he wanted to plan the date even if I was the one to ask him. He was too excited for me to say no. I know he's been waiting a while for this.

"I know but it's hard allowing myself to date him. I felt like if I asked him out earlier, it'd be like saying 'Sure you treated me like shit but who cares? You're attractive so I'll forgive you!' And I couldn't do that. I needed to make sure this is what I wanted and he wouldn't hurt me again," I told her. 

"He won't hurt you. He's been waiting for so long. Plus, he even tried to mend things with me which he didn't have to do," she pointed out.

She's right. Zaine didn't have to mend things with her but he did. He joined our pack training and helped her any way he could. When that didn't work, he decided to sit down with her and talk. I have no idea what they talked about but Rosa refused to even look in his direction for days afterwards. Eventually, she caved and they had another talk. She didn't tell me much but she did say that he explained everything to her and apologised. Like me, she was hesitant at first but, unlike me, she managed to forgive him a lot faster.

"You're right but it's scary. Just a lot less scary than it was a few years ago. Though it is harder to deny my feelings for him. My crush slowly went from some silly high school crush to I think I love him crush," I said, checking myself out in the mirror. 

These past few years have been interesting. Zaine somehow convinced me to lower my workload so I didn't get overwhelmed. He knew I'd be more stressed with all my normal work and the Queen's work. Thankfully, Elena took over my nonprofits for me and Adam and his mate took over our business. Then Zaine offered to combine our companies which also helped a lot. Both of us had a lot more free time than usual even when Eric and Esmeralda gave us their duties.

I was a lot happier. Everyone was. Even Olivia was happier. Zaine has become a father figure to her even though we weren't in a relationship. Olivia even started to call him dad. Every time she calls him dad, his eyes shine with pride. It's adorable. 

"I have no idea how you can work with him and not at least flirt! Honestly, I thought I'd at least catch you two making out once!" She exclaimed.

I chuckled, "That'd be unprofessional."

"What would be unprofessional?" Zaine asked as he entered my room. "You look gorgeous by the way."

A blush took over my face as he kissed my cheek. I'm still not used to his affection no matter how often he does it. "Us making out when we're working and thank you. You look handsome too," I smiled at him.

"You're right. As much as I want to make out with you, that'd be a little unprofessional," he smiled back.

I rolled my eyes at him but I knew my face definitely got redder. I grabbed his arm and dragged him out of my room, shouting a quick goodbye to Rosa. "You know, you should really knock before you enter. I could've been getting dressed," I pointed out, letting him go so he could lead the way.

"But you weren't," he stated matter-of-factly. "In fact, I knew you were ready."

"You did? Did you?" I asked sarcastically.

He smirked, " Of course I did. I know everything! Just like I know that you are always ready at least ten minutes early."

"You don't know everything, " I retorted.

"You're right. I know you though," he pointed out. I shook my head but didn't say anything. He was right. He did know me and I knew him. According to his parents, our bond somehow managed to get stronger and stronger every day. It was unusual. We knew each other's thoughts without even telling each other or marking each other. We also felt each other's emotions if we concentrated or if they were strong enough. 

It was an unusual bond and I knew there was some reason for it. But for now, I didn't care. The bond would make our love stronger when I was ready to accept it and that would be an amazing day. "We're here!" He exclaimed cheerfully. 

We were in an open field with various barriers to use for hiding. I turned back to Zaine for an explanation. He smirked at me and held up two paintball guns. "Care for a rematch?" He asked.

"Care to get your arse beat again?" I asked, smirking. 

He laughed, "Only by you, Princess."