Chapter 7

A/N: Hello, Everyone! So, I haven't posted in a while and I'm sorry. This month started at super busy, giving me little time to write. But then I ended up having a lot of free time. This quarantine threw off my grove. But I got it back so I hope you enjoy!

Worn out. That's how I felt. I know I passed out for at least a day according to Jackarse. All he does is argue with Emma which I don't appreciate. All I wanted to do was stop it but I was frozen. My body refused to move no matter how hard I tried. So, I had no option but to listen to the prick.

When Emma wasn't around, he'd talk to me. Most of what he talked about had to do with the Royal Pack's troubles. Honestly, he was a shit storyteller. But I did prefer his boring stories to the arguments he has with Emma. I've also learned quite a lot about how the King's pack works. It's actually interesting if it wasn't all I've heard from the dimwit.

"Why isn't she waking up?" He growled. Immediately, I knew Emma walked into the room. He asked the question every damn time she walks into the room and then starts an argument with her. I've had enough. Him arguing doesn't get him anywhere. He needs to learn that. I willed my body to move and, much to my surprise, my fingers actually listened.

I tried my arms, toes, legs and finally my eyes. Opening my eyes led to immediate regret as the light in the room stung my eyes. Fuck. That shit hurt. The twat and Emma were still fighting so they didn't notice I got up. Their voices were giving me a headache. "Shut up," I croaked. My voice somehow still had authority even though you could hear the dryness in my voice.

Emma rushed over to me with a glass of water in her hand which I gladly took. After chugging it, she got me another glass but I insisted I needed coffee instead. "For someone who took a long arse nap, I'm exhausted," I joked. My headache was gone but now I was more aware of how light my head feels. Focusing on that made me a tad bit dizzy and I almost fell off the bed but the jackarse caught.

Sparks sent through me causing a slight shiver. I scolded my body for reacting in such a way. I'm thankful he didn't notice. "You need to be careful. You could end up passing out again," he scolded me. "I don't need you to distract me from my duties again." He definitely added the second part to make sure he didn't sound like he cared about me. But it had the opposite effect. He did care even if it was just a little. Technically he had to because you can't hate someone without caring about them. Because if he didn't care then he wouldn't feel anything towards me. My twisted logic works in my favour this time.

"You didn't have to stay here. I didn't force you to come," I reminded him. He rolled his eyes at me and then left. Not saying anything. Sometimes silence speaks louder than words. "Am I okay to leave, Doc?" I asked Emma.

I nearly laughed at her expression. I've seen it way too many times to count. It was her "Are you serious?" look. Usually, me asking to leave or to skip an appointment was met with that look and every single time I laugh. "I can't believe you still ask me that," she mumbled while getting her stuff to check on me.

"I'm sorry but I've been sleeping in here for Goddess knows how long and I mess coffee," I told her. Passing out was not part of the plan and now I've got two days of work to do. The only way I'm getting my work done is with some coffee so I can pull an all-nighter.

She gave me the same look as before and said, "I'm banning you from coffee. You need sleep and the coffee will just keep you up. I am begging you to try and get eight hours of sleep from now on. I know it's hard for you because you are so busy all the time but please! It's important for you to get better. I rather not see my alpha pass out again."

"I second that," Rosa said. "How's she doing, Em?"

She knows I'm right here, right? "I'm doing perfectly well, Rosa. Thanks for asking me, Rosa," I said, pretending to be hurt. She stuck out her tongue then flipped me off. I returned the finger as Emma explained what happened to me. Their voices started to drown out as my head started pounding. I groaned in pain and closed my eyes.