Chapter 6

A/N: Sorry for the late update. This month has been very busy. But anyways, here's the next chapter. Enjoy!

Instead of dealing with things, I decided to work. I helped get my old pack land set up for the new arrivals and greeted them all personally. Then, I went to one of my other shelters and lead training for some employees. Also, self-defence class for any residents who wanted to come. Most people come to meet their fellow residents and talk which I'm okay with. As long as they get something out of it, I'm fine.

I went to both of my offices and immersed myself with paperwork. However, because I was so focused on it, I managed to get it done with time to spare. There was still a couple of hours until my interview with John Moree.

Finding a distraction was hard. All my brain wanted to think about was that jackarse and his finance. I knew I meant nothing to him but it still hurt. Deciding to play the piano, I went back to my old house. My home.

I made sure to set an alarm and wasted the hour playing the piano. My fingers gilded against the keys making a new tune I've never played. The song contained so many emotions. Some of which I couldn't even explain. My body relaxed as I released all my stress through the music.

I felt free. None of my problems existed in this little world I created. Adrenaline filled my veins as my hands started moving faster. My head was filled with creativity and everything was being released. I held nothing back as chaos filled the air through my music. Even though the music was angry and depressing, I was feeling better. My music said the things I didn't. It spoke more than I could ever.

Nothing could ruin this moment. Well, almost nothing. My alarm rung informing me that I had an interview to get to. I sighed. Freedom never lasts long.

***

"Please welcome everyone's favourite philanthropist, Alexa King!" John Moore introduced me. My face wore a bright smile on my face. I waved to the cheering crowd as I walked to the familiar brown couch. John greeted me personally and then started the interview. Of course, he asked about the douchebag and I had to address the topic I, oh so desperately, wanted to avoid.

"Mr Callahan and I are business acquaintances and nothing more. There is no romantic nor sexual relationship between us and there will never be. I respect both Mr Callahan and his fiance and would never do anything to harm their relationship," I informed him. Evening saying his last name disgusted me and I hated it. Not only did I hate him for making me feel this way but I hate myself for allowing him to hurt me.

John smiled at me, "I knew the rumour was too good to be true. You have never been one for relationships. May I ask why?"

I gave a short polite laugh and nodded. "Of course you can but I'm afraid the answer is rather boring. I work too much for a relationship. My schedule doesn't allow for much free time and the free time I do have, I rather spend with my child," I told him truthfully.

"So, it does not have to do with your past?" He inquired.

I thought for a minute. As much as I wanted to say no, I knew it was a lie. I couldn't have a relationship with anyone but my mate. In my mind, no one would want me if my own mate didn't. Though I knew my worth had nothing to do the asswipe, it was hard accepting the truth.

My smile faltered a bit thinking about the fucktard but I quickly smiled once more. Yes, I had past trauma but that's okay. I wanted to make sure everyone knew that. Lying wasn't something I did often unless I felt I had to lie. For example, I couldn't tell everyone I was a werewolf but I could tell them the truth about my nonexistent love life.