Chapter 27

I was nervous. Normally, I'd be able to keep my computer when visiting a prisoner even if it's Malcolm. However, Artemis really wanted to punish him more. She suggested taking Zaine along because he would be able to calm her down if she takes control. But now I'm worried that they both will lose control.

Zaine was struggling to keep control of his wolf. It was hard for him because not only was his wolf angry, but Zaine was angry as well. Luckily for me, Artemis was calm so I could focus on just calming him down. There's was no way we could go into the dungeon while Jupiter was trying to take control. He'll probably tear Malcolm apart.

"We should let him. Malcolm deserves it," Artemis suggested.

I sighed, "No one deserves to die. Plus, we're an alpha. We can't act irresponsibly."

"I guess you're right but if he does anything to make Zaine snap, it's completely his fault," she informed me. I just ignored her. He wouldn't lose control. Not while I was there.

"Zaine, you need to get control. There is a system in place to deal with him. You can't harm him. It'd be unprofessional. You're an alpha. Remember that," I told him.

He lowly growled. He knew I was right though. Alphas have a duty to remain honest and responsible. Our title is an honour to receive. We need to show our packs why we deserve it. Hurting Malcolm wouldn't show good leadership. Even if there's quite a lot of people who don't like him.

I looked straight into his black eyes and realised Jupiter had taken over. Damn. This might be harder than I thought. Though I haven't meant Jupiter yet, most wolves are more emotional than their humans. Especially alphas. "I'm your mate," he says. His voice was more gravelly than Zaine's which caused me to shiver slightly. Judging from his stupid smirk, I think he saw me. Cue embarrassment.

"What?" I dumbly mumbled.

"I'm your mate before I'm an alpha. That bastard hurt you and we weren't there to protect you. Now I am," he informed me.

Before I could say anything, he pulled me into a warm protective hug. Sparks erupted throughout my body causing me to go stiff. He's hugging me! Fuck, why is he hugging me? It's not that bad. Right? It's just a hug. I'm overthinking things. My body slowly relaxed into his hold. Yup, definitely overthinking. Why does this feel so... right?

Fuck.

"Jupiter?" He hummed- "Is Zaine okay with you taking control?"

He froze before letting go and rubbing the back of his head. "Um, yes?" I gave him a look to let him know I knew he was lying. "No, but I managed to persuade him."

I rolled my eyes at his smirk. "How?" I inquired, raising my eyebrow at him. Zaine is really stubborn. I couldn't imagine anyone being able to persuade him.

"I reminded him that he left you despite my warnings. He still feels guilty so he let me have control," Jupiter said with pride.

He's a dumbarse. Both of them are actually. "We need to see Malcolm. Whoever is in control needs to be able to control themself. Doesn't matter who it is," Artemis reminded me.

She's right though. I didn't really care which is in charge. It wouldn't make a difference as long as whoever was in control doesn't let Malcolm get to him. But I also didn't want Zaine to be mad at Jupiter or still feel guilty. So we'd have to figure something out before going to the dungeons.

"Jupiter, don't be an arse to Zaine. We've talked everything out so he needs to stop feeling guilty. But he can't do that if you are being rude to him," I scolded him. "Now if you and Zaine need to figure out who's going to be in control. When we get down there, I don't need you killing Malcolm after he just served his time. That wouldn't be fair."