Chapter 12

I died. My heart stopped. I couldn't breathe on my own. It was weird. I was officially dead yet I wasn't really. I could think but besides that, my body seemed to give up.

I didn't really feel anything. I could think but I didn't feel. The state I was in was so weird. It's hard to explain. All I know is that I wanted out of it. I wanted to feel my body and my emotions. I wanted to see Olivia.

But I was stuck. I was stuck in an indescribable state of nothingness. At least I couldn't feel the pain. Though at this point I rather have the pain. It was a reminder that I was alive.

None of my senses worked. It was uncomfortable. My brain was telling me to do so many things yet I couldn't do anything. I kept thinking that I should be afraid. But yet I felt empty. I wanted to feel frustrated about all this. Yet I couldn't.

"Don't give up. Your life isn't over yet," a feminine voice whispered in my ear. Sound seemed foreign to my ears. I haven't heard anything since I was in this state. I tried to call out to the voice but no sound left my mouth.

Before I had a chance to question what was happening, my whole body was consumed by pain. I felt alive but I wanted to die. My mind seemed to change sides and wanted to go back to the nothingness. The pain hit me like a truck.

As much as I wanted to enjoy the fact I could finally feel my body, I couldn't. My mind wouldn't focus on anything but the sharp constant pain. A tear rolled down my face. I could feel the wetness on my cheek. It was nice to feel something other than pain. It was nice to know I was alive. But the pain was so intense. I couldn't really think about anything else.

"What the hell is happening to her?" A familiar voice yelled. He's gruff voice calmed me even though his anger was edvident. There was a small prick in my arm as he spoke. The pain seemed bearable now. I instantly wanted him to speak more. I needed to know who was beside me.

Someone touched my neck for a few seconds causing the man to growl. A soft-spoken voice answered, "She isn't dead. I think she'll fully wake up in a day or two."

"I told you Mama is going to be fine," a child cheerfully said.

"You did, Princess," the husky voice responded. My heart pulled towards them. I wanted to open my eyes and see the owners of these voices. But I couldn't. Not yet.

***

I'm glad I can hear again. After a while, I figured out who was talking to me. I was slightly ashamed that I didn't recognise her voice earlier. She told me stories rather it be things that happened while I was out or stories she made up.

According to her, Alpha Zaine has been taken care of her. He stays with her at night because she is scared. He also made sure she ate but she told me she wouldn't unless he did too. Apparently, he looked like a zombie because he wasn't eating.

The need to wake up and help fix this situation was huge. I hated how everything seemed to be falling apart and I couldn't do anything. I managed to move my fingers slight but no one was here to see. The rest of my body refused to move. Every time I tried, it felt like something heavy was holding me down.

I was really frustrated especially when I was alone. When people were in here, I felt calmer even though the will to move was stronger. Especially when Olivia asked me when I was going to wake up.

"Mama, I miss your voice. Zaine isn't a good singer like you," Olivia whimpered.

Alpha Zaine chuckled softly. "I think I'm a great singer," he playfully boasted. She giggled in response and then told me about her day. She seemed to be doing well which is all I could ask for. I just wish she wouldn't have to deal with this shit. What kind of mother am I?