29

"What are you doing?"

Ayah quickly shut down the laptop she was working on. She kept her hand on her chest and turned around breathing heavily. She narrowed her eyes at him.

"You scared the living daylights out of me."

"What?" Shayan smirked. Shooking her head she turned to the laptop.

"What what?" She looked away when shayan came in front of her. He laughed at her child ness.

"Come on I just asked you what were you doing." He came and sat down next to her on the couch. He bumped his shoulder with her. Not able to resist his touch she leaned into him. She kept her face on his shoulder and closed her eyes.

Ayah was still getting habitat to everything. She didn't do much household chores. Katheejah had been nothing but sweet to her and shayan.

Just like her mother-in-law said she was having a great time. She realised that this, was the most important phase of her life.

It was shayan's birthday tomorrow and she had completely forgotten it. After many sessions of cursing herself she finally took the laptop to surf the internet and find some ideas.

But shayan had to ruin it. She just sat there. Feeling like a complete fool. It was shayan's first birthday after their wedding she didn't even remember.

She had so many plans before her marriage. She had various ideas to please him. But now when the day was here and she knew the actual shayan, the planned ideas seemed so stupid to her.

She wanted do something for his birthday, What a mature person would do rather than what a lovestruck teenager would do.

"Im hungry." Ayah spoke. She was feeling exhausted. All the thinking and continuously typing tired her out.

"Lets get you something to eat" He lifted her face from his shoulder. He gave her a peck on the cheek and sprinted out of the room.

Sighing to herself she opened the laptop and cleared the Browser history but unknown to her he had already seen her typing.

He knew ayah would be beyond embarrassed if he told her that he saw that she typed 'how to impress husband on his birthday?' So he pretended that he didn't see anything.

He laughed on his way to kitchen. He bumped into katheejah making him stagger backwards.

He looked at her, not accusingly but with love, care and respect. Katheeja gave him a wide grin.

Shayan was in a better mood. Everything was perfect. He gave her a generous smile and walked away.

Surprised by his actions katheejah's heart melted for the poor boy. Smiling to herself she went to her room.

Shayan filled a glass with milk and grabbed a few packets of oreos and went upstairs. He knew it was ayah's favourite.

Although they just had lunch ayah still felt hungry. Stress taking a toll on her. Making it difficult for her to even rest.

Once shayan came into the room she grabbed the oreos and milk. She dipped the oreos in milk and munched on them. Unfazed by the amusing look shayan gave her.

Ringing of the phones disturbed her. She looked at the phone. Infact she glared at it. Chuckling to himself shayan fended his phone.

He frowned looking at the caller ID. He put it for silence letting the call go to voicemail. She raised an eyebrow at him. Before he could say anything the phone rang again.

Sighing to himself he picked up the phone.

"What?" He hissed at the person. He waited for a long time until the other person spoke. His forehead creased with worry lines.