19

Trust. A word with deep meaning taken so lightly by many. Trusting someone means that you rely on them. You are confident with them and about them. You feel safe physically and emotionally. Thats exactly what I had on shayan. I trusted him. I trusted him with my hopes, dreams, expectations.

Yesterday night when I gave my consent I felt confident. I felt that I could rely on him to not break my heart. Pondering over this thought I increased the temperature of AC. It was 9 in the morning. I had nothing to do. I just woke  up. Yesterday night's memories kept bothering me all night.

I picked my lazy body from the bed. When I went out of the room after I had showered, no one was in the living room. There was laughter sound coming from kitchen along with the smell of amazing banana pancakes.

"And from then onwards umar never touched a puppy." Ma stated. Eram started laughing at the statement. "Whats funny?" I entered the kitchen. Both looked at me. I picked up an apple and sat on the kitchen counter. My hair was still dripping wet from the shower. Making small droplet of pearls on the floor. "Mummy was telling me some childhood memories of umar and you." Eram answered my earlier question.

I nodded my head. I started eating my apple. "Well I'm still amused that bhaiya is actually ready to marry someone." Eram winked at me. The mention of shayan again did that thing with my heart. I pretended to ignore them and focused on my apple like it was the prettiest thing I have ever seen.

"Shayan is lucky to have ayah as his." The word his echoed in my head. I tried to think of something else. Anything else but I couldnt. "I wouldnt deny that." Eram grinned.

"Im so happy." Eram sighed dramatically. It was just a week later her nikkah and it felt like she is here from decades. She has been so comfortable around us. She had opened up to us. Its so difficult and different when she is not around. A true friend I could call her.

"Im going to orphanage. Wanna join?" I asked changing the topic. Not wanting to further discuss something about shayan.

It took them some time to analyze the question but when they did ma just shook her head whereas eram raised her hand just like a topper would do when she knew the answer.

I have never been to orphanage with eram. I have just mentioned that I often visit them. She wanted to accompany me. She looked at ma for permission.

"Yes you can go but only when you both are done with breakfast." Ma said. I shrugged my shoulders. Eram humped her shoulder. I and eram sat down in the dining table. I filled my plate with pancakes and started eating quitely.

"I wanted to go for some shopping." I told eram. She looked up. She gulped down her food. "Yes we can go today." She told me. I smiled at her. "What did you want to buy?" She asked me. "Burka." I replied as soon as she asked. She grinned at me. Ma just took in the exchange while smiling. "Shall I ask bhaiya to come so you can have another meeting?" She whisper-asked me. So that ma couldnt hear.

"Nooo" I hissed at her. "Awww you are blushing." She cooed. I just rolled my eyes and turned away so she couldnt look at my face. But in actuall I was smiling. The idea wasn't bad. I wouldnt mind meeting him but I didn't want to do it without ma and others knowing which is exactly what eram was suggesting.

"What is it you two whispering?" Ma chirped in making us startled. In the process of getting away from eram I dropped glass on the floor which was thankfully empty and a steel one. Taking this as my cue to leave I immediately got up and went to the sink, to wash my hands. I heard eram laughing from behind. I closed my eyes. I was determined to get back at her.

Sometimes it even amazed me that how close I had become to eram. I adored our relationship. And at no cost I would let someone ruin it. I muttered Alhamdulillah under my breath for blessing me with what was the best for me. Ma didnt ask anything else.