28

* 1 month later *

Ayah kept all the dishes on the table. She was proud of herself. It was the next day and ayah woke up early with the intention of making breakfast for her new family.

Her moment of happiness was short lived when a cheerful katheeja entered the dining room.

Upon seeing ayah awake so early did shock her but the sight on the dining table explained the reason.

"You cooked breakfast?" Katheeja asked smiling widely.

"Yah. I'm sorry. I should have asked you first but I really wanted to cook for all of you." Ayah said nervously.

"It's okay beta. Its your house too. You can do whatever you want." Katheeja replied. She couldn't deny but after yesterday's incident katheeja's respect for ayah grew.

"Hajara, go and call shayan and imran for breakfast." Katheeja said to the maid and she sat down while gesturing ayah to sit down too.

Ayah could feel the soft spot for herself after yesterday. Katheeja was making efforts to win everyone's heart but her being outspoken didn't help and when after yesterday katheeja did feel motivated to try again, she wasn't going to let go easily.

Not this time.

"Wow, the smell is incredible." Imraan entered the room putting an end to the both ladies' thoughts that were on marathon.

"Ayah cooked today." Katheeja said a sense of pride visible in her voice.

"Masha Allah." Imraan sat down. When shayan joined the room all went silent.

"I'll serve food." Ayah said once everyone were seated.

"No there is no need. The maid will do it." Shayan said, clearly not liking the idea of ayah working.

"But beta if she wants to do it then why don't you let her?" imraan asked.

Deep down everyone knew that this breakfast was going to end in a disaster and ayah was not too happy about it.

"I know why she wants to serve." shayan said eyeing katheeja.

"If you think that I told Ayah to serve then your wrong shayan." Katheeja said.

"Oh really I know everything." Shayan said.

"Shayan." Imraan chided making everyone quiet.

"Beta let the maid serve today." Imraan said looking at ayah. Not wanting to drag the problem ayah nodded her head.

"The breakfast was really good today Ayah. Better than what katheeja makes." Once Imraan was done with the food he joked, to lighten the mood.

Shayan was silent throughout the meal but this statement made him look at imraan then ayah and lastly settled on katheeja.

"Why are you telling ayah that the food is good?" Shayan asked. Yet again, he joined the dots but he was waiting for a confirmation.

"Its because ayah made the breakfast. So we should praise her cooking shayan." Imraan laughed at his statement and waved his as if to dismiss the matter.

"Why did ayah make the breakfast?" Shayan asked while still looking at katheeja. Katheeja knew that the hell was about t be unleash.

"Shay..." Ayah's statement was cut in mid when an angry shayan stood up forcely making the chair he sat, fall down.

Ayah instantly backed away in fear.

"Shayan" Imraan shouted. Ignoring his father he looked at katheeja who had stood up by now.