22

"What happened?" Shayan asked ayah seeing her lost in her own thoughts. It was the next day after their nikkah when ayah was unpacking her suitcases. She turned around hearing her beloved husband speak to her.

It still felt foreign to her. Her surroundings constantly reminding her of the change in her life. Just 2 weeks ago if someone would have told her that she was going to marry she would have laughed at them in their faces.

"Im just feeling nostalgic." She spoke truthfully. She looked at the dress she was holding. It was the dress her aunt had gifted her 2 years before on her birthday. Shayan couldnt exactly understand how ayah exactly felt but he had figured out that she was in pain because he knew how it was to be away from someone who was close to your heart.

He had lost someone, his mother and it took him months to get over it. More time than anyone would need. Specially being a man it had hurt his ego but he let that matter slip because he wanted his own time. He wanted to let go of his grief because he wanted to not because of anyone else's need.

Shaking away his thoughts he looked at his wife who was looking at her stuff with unshed tears. "Can you unpack later?" He asked her. She looked at him. He was not good at comforting and she was the kind of person whose few words of comfort actually made people feel better. Surely opposites do attract. Hesitantly she nodded her head. She was an introvert. She wasnt good at letting people in. She wanted her sweet time.

She knew she wouldn't feel good if shayan poked his head into the sensitive topics she had buried deep within her, at least for now. But she couldn't it brush it on his face. Because she knew he wanted only good for her so nonetheless she sat down next to shayan on the bed.

But unlike ayah who seemed hesitant to show affection just the next the day after her marriage, shayan was on a whole different level. He seemed at ease. He intervened his hands around ayah's. Making her hold her breathe for a second. She was not used to it.

"You look so different without a scarf on" shayan commented.

The comment distracted her from the whild thoughts inside her.

"Do I?" She questioned back. She didnt know that shayan would even notice the difference between how she looks.

"Yeah" he trailed off. They both took their own time to analyse the things. The silent was peaceful where both of them were comfortable. A sudden knock interrupted them.

"Ill check." Shayan was quick to get up even before ayah protest. It was eram. Upon seeing her sister aka best friend she screamed, "bhabi."

She cames running to her and enveloped ayah into a tight hug. Shayan chuckled seeing that ayah couldn't even breathe.

"Why are you here?" Shayan asked, not bothering that he was sounding rude. Eram broke from the hug and huffed at his brother. She kept her hands in her hips and turned to him annoyed.

"I am here to take my lovely bhabi with me to my home." She, in actuall, emphasized the word take and my home. Ayah laughed at the exchange of words between them. When they heard her laugh they both grinned satisfied with what they were looking. This was not a big thing. This was ayah. This was her nature. The smallest things made her happy.

Upon hearing the purpose of eram's arrival, she grinned a little more. It was not even 24 hours from being away from her family and she already missed them. Shayan sulked over the news of his wife's departure. Whereas shayan didnt like the overall ritual and stuff where the bride had to go to her house next day after the wedding, eram and ayah completely enjoyed his helplessness. 

Eram gave the new couple some space seeing that shayan was actually in a bad mood and his wife could handle him better.

But unknown to eram, ayah was fighting her own battle. If being all this years with shayan, eram was still afraid to approch him when he was in a bad mood, there shouldn't arrive a question on ayah approaching him when they were together for hardly a day.