Chapter 27

Lukes P.O.V

After Olivias blow up on Sunday, I feel bad for kenzie. It's Tuesday and she missed yesterday and today. Me and madie are going to go over there and see how she is.

Michael stayed with her Sunday but hasn't been over there since. Her parents haven't returned either. Madie and Olivia havent spoken since then and Bradley isn't the same.

It's after school and me, Michael and madie all climb into the car. Madies phone buzzes.

Kenzie: you aren't coming over are you?

Madie: me Michael and Luke are why

Kenzie: don't.

Madie: kenzie you can't be in hiding forever.

Kenzie: why not.

Madie: we are here.

We all get out and walk up. I jiggle the door handle. Locked.

"Fuck sakes" I mumble.

"Let's go" says madie. Me and Michael give her confused looks.

"Around back. " we follow her through the fence. From the outside they look like a normal family but inside they are torn apart. Madie takes her bobby pin, puts it in the lock hole, and jiggles it. It's unlocks. We walk inside.

Def leppard is pulsing through the house. We see a speaker. Madie reaches out and turns it down.

Madies P.O.V

We all look into the living room. Kenzies head snaps up. My heart shatters. Her hair is up in an extremely messy bun, she's wearing jogging pants and a t-shirt. She has no make up on. She has purple bags under her eyes, and she's pale. She shaking.

We all walk in and we see her surrounded my pictures. She stands up and steps over them walking towards us.

"Hi."she says I walk up and wrap my arms around her. She walks over to Michael and he wraps his arms around her. She stiffens. He let's go.

"Kenzie how long has it been since you slept?" I ask.

"Last time I slept was Monday. Afternoon for 2 hours" she looks at her feet.

"Kenzie you need sleep" says Luke.

Her head snaps up, and she runs to the window. Her face drops but a small smile appears. She runs to the door and opens the mail box. There sits a letter. From: Mr. And Mrs.McMaster.

We all sit at the table and she opens it.

Kenzies P.O.V

I open the letter.

Kenzie,

You know we love you. Very much. Ever since colbys passing it may seem we don't. But we really do. However due to circumstances, we will not he returning home for awhile. We do not know for how long.
We know you are going through a tough time but we will send money. We will see you in the future

Xx

Mom and Dad.

My heart smashes. I push the letter infront of me and go around the house taking all the family photos, and put them face down so I don't have to look at them. I go back to the kitchen and they are reading the letter.

They all turn to me. And tears prick my eyes.

"Hey Shh" says Michael. He walks up and wraps his arms around me. I cry into his shirt. They stay for awhile.

"We have to go home Kenzie" says Madie.

"I know" I,say.

"Are you coming to school tomorrow?" Asks Michael. I nod. I say my goodbyes.

I don't really want to go to school but I don't want to disappoint. I set my alarm and ly down waiting for the day,ahead.

Ashtons P.O.V

I wake up ans put on my clothes immediately leaving the house. I've been avoiding Olivia. What she said to Kenzie was unforgivable. Knowing Kenzie, she will probably forgive her though.

I climb in my car and speed down the street. I got a text from Luke last night saying Kenzie was coming today. I'm glad.

I heard about the letter. I walk into the school saying a few hellos. I see Olivia standing at my locker.

"Hey" she says.

"Hi" I say.

"Are you mad at me?" She questions.

"I don't know" I say.

"Please don't be" she pleads. Me and het both walk to the back of the school. Madie, Luke, Bradley, Calum, and Michael all stand there.

"Where is Kenzie" I,ask.

"Right here" everyone spins and sees Kenzie standing there.

"I need to um tell you guys something. " she says looking at the ground.

"What is it?" Says Michael.

"You guys know Conner ball?" She asks.

"What the Fuck did he do !?" Screams Bradley.

"Nothing. Hes just been a jerk. Um I just,wanted to tell you guys that Conner has taken over the bully role. So madie, Olivia, Bradley, we need to watch out. " she says.

"We will protect you" says Luke.

"Yeah you guys have one of us in like every one of your classes" I say.

"No ones going to touch you" says Michael.

"Okay." She says.

We all head in and grab our stuff.

We walk to our classes. I see Conner smirking.

Conner ball, you better watch the Fuck out.

~~~~

Conner ball is a part of the vamps.

The reason Bradley got so mad was because Conner is the one that first bullied Bradley.

Dun dun dun.

Don't worry. Conner doesn't play a big role. Just for the next few chapters.

Also shout out to __Amnesia321__! Check out her 2 books! Clueless and To Good To Be True!

Thanks

Enjoy

Xx