Chapter 4

Calums P.O.V

I pull up to Bradleys house, at 7:50. Early but whatever. 5 minutes later he comes out. He's wearing light beige khakis and a dark blue polo shirt with a collar, and dark blue vans. To be honest, he looks good.

He enters the car and huffs not looking at me at all.

"Hey loser"

He scoffs "hi"

"So. Party." I said awkwardly

"Yeah. Party" he says slowly giving me a confused look.

"Don't give me that fucking look" I snap.

His eyes widen "alrighty. "

When we get to the party we mostly hang around. Hes not drinking since he wants to be the designated driver of us. The music is pounding in my ears making It difficult to have a conversation.

"Want to go out back?" I say to Bradley.

"Yeah, this music is annoying"

We walk out back where it was quieter. I look over at him, and he looks at me and smiles. He doesn't seem scared or intimidated. He just, acts casual. Maybe he sees me as a real person and not a bully.

"Why do you hang out with Madie, Kenzie and Olivia?" I question.

He sits in silence. " its a long story" was all he said.

"We got time"

"Back in grade 8, was when I knew 100% I was gay. I told one of my bestfriends and he laughed and started calling me a faggot. I cried and ran. Never wanted to show up cause I was always called a faggot. It got so bad that I contemplated suicide. Well one day Madie and Kenzie were walking past me to the cafeteria when they stopped and say on either side of me. When I told them I wanted to be alone, they just ignored me and kept eating with me. Eventually it became a regular thing and I told them and they didn't care. Ever since then we've always been bestfriends. I hang out with them because they don't judge me for being gay."

We sat in silence. All I did was laugh. The alcohol was finally having an effect, and it was almost like I wasn't fully in control of my actions or words.

"What's so funny?" He questioned.

"That's sappy as Fuck" I chuckled.

"It's the truth" he replied.

"It's fucking gay. You would probably screw any guy in that house cause you're so gay. Fucking faggot. " suddenly I processed what i just said. "Bradley"

I look up and tears are pooring out of his face.

"Fuck you Calum. " he got up and ran down the street, leaving me stunned in my seat.

Bradleys P.O.V

I look out the window and see Calum is 5 minutes early. I put my shoes one saying goodbye to my family as I walk out the door.

I got into the car and buckled up. Calum was wearing a white muscle shirt that showed his muscles perfectly. He had black skinny jeans and black shoes. He was looking good.

We drove in an awkward silence and when we got there I told him I wasn't drinking any alcohol so I could drive. We talked a bit and hung out. The music was so loud an annoying. Not my type. Calum piped up after awhile.

"Want to go out back?"

"Yeah, this music is annoying"

We sit out there, and I feel him looking at me. I smile and he gives me the most confused look ever.

Suddenly he asked me a question.

"Why do you hangout with Madie, Kenzie and Olivia?"

I sat in silence remembering what happened. I finally decide on "its a long story"

Thinking the subject was dropped he replied. "We got time." I huffed and started.

"Back in grade 8, was when I knew 100% I was gay. I told one of my bestfriends and he laughed and started calling me a faggot. I cried and ran. Never wanted to show up cause I was always called a faggot. It got to the point of suicide. Well one day Madie and Kenzie were walking past me to the cafeteria when they stopped and say on either side of me. When I told them I wanted to be alone, they just ignored me and kept eating with me. Eventually it became a regular thing and I told them and they didn't care. Ever since then we've always been bestfriends. I hang out with them because they don't judge me for being gay."

We sit in silence. Suddenly he laughs.

"What's so funny?" I ask.

"That's sappy as Fuck" he chuckled.

I honestly don't know what to say. "It's the truth"

"It's fucking gay. You would probably screw any guy in that house cause you're so gay. Fucking faggot. " he looks like he registering what he said. "Bradley"

He looks up and tears are pouring out of my face.

"Fuck you Calum. " I got up and ran down the street, leaving him stunned in my seat.

I don't know where I was running or how far I was running but I didn't stop. I saw a near by park near Olivias house and sit on the bench. All the repressed memories are coming out. Tears threaten to spill and I eventually can't hold back the sobs.

--------