Chapter 6

Michaels P.O.V

I pull up to Kenzies house, and get out of the car. I walk up to her house and knock on the door. You hear some goodbyes and then the door opens. She looked amazing. She had white t-shirt, white flip-flops and jean shorts, with a necklace that has an anchor , cross and a heart. She looked into my eyes.

"Hi" she said quietly. She was obviously scared. 

"Sup" I say. I put my hand out and she just stares at it, clearly hesisitant to grab it.

"Just take my hand. I'm being nice. Unless you want me to smack you" she immediately grabs it. Fuck Michael. Stupid stupid stupid. She gulps and shuts the door.

I open the door and she climbs in. She bulckles up. By the mine I get in, she's suction cupped to the door.

I scoff " get off the door" she just stares at me.

"Seriously Kenzie, get off the door." I say sternly. She immediately gets off the door.

"Thank you" I say offering a small smile. She looks at me and slightly smiles back.

Once we get there we go onto the dance floor. I start busting my moves. She laughs. +1 Michael.

"C'Mon dance alittle " I whine. She shakes her head.

"No way" she says. I grab her hands. She gasps.

I start moving he arms opposite of mine. He started moving her self. Shortly after she's dancing full out. She asked me if I wanted a beer and I said sure.

After about 5 mins I started go get worried when she didn't come back. I figured maybe she got lost. 10 mins later I looked around. 15 later I decide maybe something happened. 20 I decided I need go find her. I go into the kitchen and I was immediately pissed off. A guy was trying to kiss her and she couldn't get him off.

Then he grabbed her arm and slammed it on the table, she yelped in pain. I ran over to her grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, and smashed my fist into his face. He got up and punched me on the jaw.

I got really pissed off and pounded my fist into his face un countable times. After I was done I stood up and faced Kenzie. She was holding her arm, crying. I opened my arms, but it was pretty obvious she was coming to me. I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her. She was trying not to touch me, I knew why.

When I pulled away she looked at me with sorry eyes. Tears still coming out of her eyes. She wraps her arms around my neck. I was suprised, she immediately jumped.

"I didn't mean to.. I'm sor-" I cut her off.

"Just shut up. " I say. "Are you alright?"

"My arm hurts but other than that yeah. How about you?" She asks.

"Don't worry about me. Let's get you home." I start walking. I turned around and she just stood there. "Well. C'Mon" I say. She quickly walks to me and we leave the house.

I walk her up to her house, and she looks at me.

"I'm really sorry about your jaw" she says.

I chuckle "don't worry about it." She smiles.

"Good night Kenzie" I say.

"Night." She says. I turn to leave.

"Wait." She says. I turn to her. She walks up to me and hugs me. I hug her back. She let's go. And walks up to her house.

When I get home I pull out my phone and text her.

Me: Thanks for the hug. This doesn't ever get spoken about. Nothing changes.
Kenzie: understood.

The only reason I said that was so the guys don't think I like her.

Even though I do.

A lot.

Kenzies P.O.V

Someone knocks on the door asoon as Im done getting ready. I quickly say my goodbyes and open the door.

"Hi" I say quietly, absolutely terrified.

"Sup" was all he said. He's hot. Suddenly he sticks his hand out. I just stare at it. Me, holding Michael Cliffords hand. No way.

"Just take my hand. I'm being nice, unless you want me to smack you" you see regret hit his face. Those words hit me like daggers in my chest. I grab his and and we walk to his car.

He opens the door and I get in. He shuts the door and I put myself as close to the door as I can.

"Get off the door" I just stare at him.

"Seriously Kenzie, get off the door." He says it more sternly this time so I listen.

"Thank you" he smiles at me so I smile back we drive off to the party.

Once we get there we go right to the dance floor. Michael immediately starts dancing full out while I stand there like a stick. I laugh. He plasters a cocky grin onto his face.

"C'Mon dance alitte" he whines.

"No way" I,say. Suddenly he grabs my arms and starts moving mine with his. Eventually I'm fully dancing to. I asl him if he wants a drink and he says sure. Trying to get through a dancing crowd without running into people you know is hard. After 10 mins I finally get to the kitchen. Michael is probably worried.

Once I grab the drinks I turn around to one of the football jocks standing right behind me. He starts asking me how I am, who I'm with. Then he tries to kiss me. I start pushing him away. I stick my arm up to push him off. He grabs it and slams it onto the counter. Pain shoots through my arm as I yelp in pain. Suddenly I see Michael rip him off of me, and punch him in the nose. I stand there stunned, holding my arm.

The football guy gets up and punches him in the jaw. I start crying. Michael jumps on top of him, punching him about 10 times in the face. Michael stands up, and looks at me. He opens his arms, but I don't go into them. He walks over and wraps them around me. I try my best to stay,as distant as possible.

He pulls away and looks at me. I don't know what came over me but I jumped and wrapped my arms around his neck.

Seconds later i jump off.

"I didn't mean to... I'm sor-" he cuts me off. Rude.

"Just shut up, are you alright?" He asks.

"My arm hurts but other than that yeah. How about you?" I question.

"Don't worry about me. Lets get you home" he starts walking. He turns around with confused eyes. "Well. C'Mon." He says. I run to him and we leave the party.

He walks me up to my door. "I'm really sorry about your jaw"

He chuckles "don't worry about it" I smile.

"Good night Kenzie." He says leaving.

"Night." Something snapped. "Wait" shit.

He turns around and I hug him. He hugs me back. I walk into my house and flop onto my bed. 10 mins later my phone goes off.

Michael: Thanks for the hug. This doesn't ever get spoken about. Nothing changes.

Me: understood.

~~~~~~

There. Done.