Chapter Twenty Three : "The Note"

"Ok O," I hand her a note. "Just give this to Clarke."

She takes it from me and reads it.

"Alex, are you sure about this?"

"Yes, please. We need her help." 

She looks down in thought, puts the note in her back pocket.

"Alright, I'll give it to her."

I pull her into a hug. "Thank you so much. I owe you."

She pulls aways laughing. "No, you don't." 

"See you soon then." I wave and head to the bridge to meet Lexa. 

*Time Skip*

 The bridge is now holding Lexa's horse, mine, and two others. Along with a few men who chaperoned Lexa here.

"They should be here soon," I tell her. "I told my source to only tell the physician and one another to come along."  

"Good idea Alex." She nods down at me. "Do you believe that they will not bring others?"

I look into the dark forest ahead of us and think. I don't know honestly. But I can't tell Lexa that. What would happen if they do bring more people? Lexa doesn't trust the Skaikru yet. She would do anything to protect her people. 

Anything. 

"I can only hope." Really? Is that all I could think to say? Wow. 

A few more minutes passed and we see Octavia, Clarke, and Finn approaching the bridge. 

"I want you to do the talking Alex," Lexa tells me.

I look to her. 

"But, you are the commander." 

"Yes, and I have put you in charge of this."

 "Alright." I swing my leg over my horse and slid off. 

The three Skaikru reach the middle of the bridge and I walk over to meet them. Clarke nods to me as I approach them.

"I hope you didn't bring any others with you."

Octavia looks between Finn and Clarke.

"No, just us." Finn replies. 

I look back to Lexa and she nods her head to me.

"You have been invited here to discuss the possibility of a truce." I start. "Do you understand?"

Clarke straights her back and tries to appear "in charge".  "Yes." She answers.

"Good." I rest my hand on my dagger on my hip and lift my chin up higher. "Although there have been deaths of your doing and we can say the same for us. We believe you are not here to start a war, we also are not in need of one."

The three shake their heads in agreement.

"I am glad you agree. Here is the basis of the truce." I reach to take out a piece of paper from my pocket. I start reading. "We are currently in need of a doctor and-" I look back up holding it but something catches my eyes. 

I assume Octavia catches on and looks behind her. Clarke and Finn follow suit and we see Bellamy and four other guys laying, hidden in the branches with their guns. 

"Liars!" I look behind me and Lexa is jumping off her horse and walking to us. 

"Do not shoot!" Clarke shouts into the woods behind us. 

Lexa grabs Clarkes shoulder and holds up a small knife to her throat. "You expect me to form a truce with liars?"

"We do not fully trust you. They were merely for our protection." Finn intervenes. 

"I did not ask you." She spits at him. She brings her face closer to Clarke and starts whispering to her. 

"They are approaching!" One of our men shout. 

Next thing we hear a gunshot and then arrows whizzing over head. 

"Stop!" I yell and lift up my hands in the air. "Hold your fire!" 

"Alex get down." Lexa commands me.

"Stand down!" I try convincing the men.

But to no avail. 

"Alex!" I look over at Finn who has a worried look on his face and look down at me.

I look down and would ya look at that. An arrow. This is great.

"Why me?" I ask quietly. 

"I said lower your weapons and seize fire!!" I shout louder and our men stop. One last gunshot goes off and they stop.  "Geez you are all so stubborn." Grabbing unto the bridges post I slide down and lay on my back. 

"Alex." Lexa rushes over to me. "Men assistances now!" 

Two men rush over with medical supplies and one picks me up and leads me back to my horse. 

"I can walk." I get out of his hold. "I just needed to rest for a second." I laugh and then cough. 

I look over my shoulder to see the skaikru retreating and Bellamy looks over to me. He looks like he is mouthing 'I am so sorry'. I roll my eyes and attempt to climb my horse.

"Let's go home."

(A/N sorry this chapter is dry. I am kind of losing interest in this book and I have started an original story. idk when I will continue updating this but I am not discontinuing it. thanks for reading.)