Chapter Fifteen : "I have work to do"

I walk away from the group and watch them start running, away from the grounders. I hide behind a tree and wait for them to pass. As soon as they pass I spot Rex running towards them and I start running to him.

"Rex!" I shout out to him. He stops abruptly and turns to me.

"Lex? What are you doing here?"

"I was out taking a walk and saw the Skaikru and followed them."

"It's too dangerous for you out here." He tells me and starts walking towards me.

"Too dangerous?" I cross my arms.

"Alex, listen-"

"No. You listen I can take care of my self and I don't need you to tell me what to do."

"I didn't tell you to do anything."

"I know you." I point at him. "You were going to tell me to go back home."

He threw his hands up in the air. "Well guess you do know me."

"Now." I walk past him. "If you'll excuse me, I have work to do."

"Alex don't. You need to go home."

Ok yea. I know I seem short tempered and whiny but hear me out. I have been told what to do my whole life. Rex even knows I hate being told what to do. He is up to something.

"Why, what're you doing here Rex? Did Heda give you other orders?" I "interrogate" him.

"What? No." He laughs.

"You're not a good liar Jeremiah."

He was about to speak again when we heard the acid fog horn go off.

"Run." Rex tells me and we start running, but in different directions. He runs back home and I run back to the group.

*No ones P.O.V*

The group was running away from the grounders when Bellamy shouted

"Stop!" And everyone stopped running, panting.

"Why? They will catch us now." Finn tells him.

Bellamy looks around them and sees grounders surrounding them at every angle.

"They have us surrounded. We can't leave." Bellamy states. "Get ready." He tells the two boys.

The three boys get their weapons out and get ready to fight. And then the horn went off. All the grounders looked up and started running away, every single one of them.

"They are leaving." Finn said.

"Don't celebrate just yet." Bellamy told them.

"Why." The other boy asked.

"That horn." Bellamy knew he heard it somewhere. "Acid fog."

"What?" Finns asked.

"When I first met Alex I was with Charlotte and that horn went off, that's when I saw the fog and Alex saved us by taking us into a cave." He says thinking of the memory, lost in his thoughts.

"What do we do?" The other boy asked.

"Here." Finn said taking out one of the parachutes from the drop ship. "We could use it to cover ourselves."

"Ok, let's hurry." Bellamy said and grabbed an end of the fabric.

Just as they were about to lay down on the ground and cover themselves up Bellamy stood up straight.

"What is it?" Finn asks him.

"Alex is still out there." Bellamy tells them.

"She'll be fine." Finn tells Bellamy.