Chapter Six : "Atom"

We have been in here for about 2 hours. The fog seemed to be receding slowly.

I was currently dreaming, or at least I think it was a dream.

*Dream*

Total darkness was all I saw. I heard distant voices and shouts.

And all of a sudden a bright light was blinding me. I cover my eyes with my hands and let my eyes adjust.

That's when I heard crying and screaming.

I looked around and saw my village and everyone was lying dead on the ground. All the buildings were burned and destroyed.

I start crying seeing my home this way.

I run around looking for Lexa and Rex.

"Lexa! Rex!" I yell.

"Alex." I hear a faint whisper and look down and cover my mouth so that I don't scream.

"Rex. Oh my god." I bend down to my best friend who was lying on his back with a big piece of shrapnel in his chest.

"Save us Alex." He said .

I stand up and look around me and see water coming in like a tsunami, until I am drowning in the water.

As the water filled my lungs I choke and jolt awake.

Wet.

"What the heck?!" I yelled and wiped my face.

I turn to see Bellamy holding my now empty water pouch.

"You weren't waking up. I kept shaking you and then decided to pour water on you to wake you up." He just stood there smiling and looking at me amused.

"This isn't funny." I said and stood up and grabbing an extra shirt out of my bag.

"This." He said gesturing to my face. "Is very funny." He laughs.

Without thinking, I pull down my hood and start wiping my face with the shirt.

I keep wiping until I am all dry.

I hear a thump and see Bellamy had dropped my water pouch.

"Hey! Careful. That was a gift." I walk over to him, kneel down and pick it up putting it and the shirt in my bag. I stand back up, now closer to him.

"Why did you drop it?" I asked.

"You. Your. Huh, what?" He stutters and points at my face.

"What about my face?" I ask and touch my face. Usually whenever I touched my face some over the black paint that was on me would come off. But now, no paint.

"Oh shoot." I say and grab a mouth mask out of my bag and put it on.

"You're a-" He pointed at me.

I pull my hood over my head.

"A what?" I ask him.

"A-a g-girl." What is with him and stuttering. He has seen girls before. I just looked at him like he was an idiot.

"Your sister found out sooner." I said.

"Why are you hiding?" He asked.

"Why do you care? Just earlier you thought I killed your friend and was gonna kill you and the girl!" I shouted and threw my hands up.

Before he could make a reply Charlotte yelled "The fog is gone!"

"I need to go." I put my satchel on and walked out of the cave.

Bellamy tried chasing after me but some of his friends had showed up and he stopped, I kept going. As I was walking back a heard someone calling Bellamy and moaning. I cautiously walked to the moaning.

There on the ground was a boy. I couldn't tell who he was, if I had seen him before, he was covered with burns and blisters all over his body. There was a scream and I looked behind me.

"Charlotte." I said. She was standing next to a tree with her hands on her mouth.

"Charlotte!!" I heard Bellamy yelled as he ran up to her and came to a stop as he looked at me then the boy.

"Atom." He softly said and walked towards him.

I looked at Bellamy then at the boy laying in front of me.

"Oh no, Atom?" I whispered.

"You know him?"

"Octavia talked about him. She is gonna be crushed."

"Pl-please, k-kill me." Atom struggled to say. "Please B-bellamy."

He was in so much pain that he just wanted to die. I felt tears coming in my eyes.

"Don't be scared." Charlotte said as she handed Bellamy her little knife then she walked back to camp.

"Bellamy?!" I heard someone yell.

To be honest, I didn't care if anyone else found out about me. In came running Clarke.

"Bel- who is this?" She asked him.

He looked at me and I gave him a death glare.

"Bellamy please." I whispered only so that he could hear.

"A friend of mine." He paused, looked at me and then said. "He saved me and Charlotte from the fog.

"Oh, well then, I am Clarke." She said. So calmly. It was weird.

I didn't say anything. Just stared at Atom. Bellamy looked at the knife in his hand then at Atom. I held his hand that had the knife in it.

"Bellamy, it's ok. Give me the knife."

He gave it to me and I put it in my bag.

"What are you doing?" He asked watching my ever move.

I then pulled out a vial that had a poison that would kill Atom quick and painless. I lifted Atoms chin open, opened the poison and poured the clear liquid down his throat.

"Yu gonplei ste don." I said. (Your fight is over)

Bellamy just sat there as I stood up.

"Leida belomi en klark kom skai kru." Then I walked back home and cried my eyes out. (Bye Bellamy and Clarke of the Sky People.)