Chapter Seventeen : "The Blade"

"Alex." Someone shakes me.

"Nooo." I moan and turn over.

"Alex, get up." They shake me again.

"I will kill you in your sleep if you disturb mine," I tell them.

"I tried to be nice." They sigh. I hear their footsteps walking away and I pull the covers over my head and try to fall back to sleep.

Their footsteps pound against the floor as they approach me again.

"O what're you doing?" Another voice says.

I open my eyes and see Octavia with a bucket of water just above my head. I hurriedly crawl backward, away from the line of fire.

"Nothing..." She replies defeatedly. She sets the bucket on the floor and walks towards where Finn lays.

Bellamy holds his hand up to me and I take it as he pulls me up to my feet. For a second I'm taken aback at how close we were, his hand still holding mine.

No stop it, I tell myself.

Looking down, I pull my hand out of his and walk over to stand next to Octavia. Finn was still sleeping and his wound still red and sore.

"I need to check his wound," I tell her. Slowly lifting the bandage Finn flinches in his sleep.

"Oh great," I mutter, but not quiet enough.

"What? What is it?" Bellamy comes up and puts a hand on my right shoulder peering over me.

"It looks like the wound is infected." I sigh. "Or worse..."

I lean down looking closer at his wound. All around the edges of the wound are almost green bubbles and red inflammation.

"Where was the blade that was in him?" I look around. Not on the floor, not on the table next to Finn. Where could it be?

"I took it to be washed," Bellamy confessed.

My eyes widen. I turn around facing him, again not realizing how close we were. I grab his collar.

"You. Did. What?" I whisper to him.

"I sent it to be washed. You don't know, it could be used again." He shrugs.

"Oh my God! You really are an idiot." I push him away from me and walk outside of the drop ship to the makeshift sinks.

"Alex! What the hell are you talking about?" He runs after me.

Frantically I look around. Looking in every sink and table.

"Alex! Will you answer me?!" He shouts this time.

"What's going on?" Clarke appears from one of the tents.

"Ask him." I point at Bellamy but still looking for the blade.

She walks up to him and they start having a hushed conversation. I look behind me and see her grabbing his shoulder and turning him around to talk to him.

Turning over trays, rags and pails still no sign of the blade.

Finally giving up on looking for it in the sinks I walk back towards the dropship.

Before I enter the dropship I see someone on the side of the dropship.

"Jasper?"

He jumps from where he was standing and scratches the back of his head.

"Alex, hey." He says.

"Have you seen the blade that was in Finn?" I ask him hopefully.

He looks around for a minute and points his finger in the air like a light just went off in his head. He reaches to the ground and picks something up.