Chapter Eight : "It will be ok"

After walking for twenty minutes I hear people shouting.

"Charlotte! I know you're out here!" Someone shouts.

"Finn. Clarke." I whisper-shout.

"Alex?" I look behind me to see Charlotte.

"Charlotte what are you doing by yourself?" I ask looking around for Finn and Clarke.

"I left them. I'm going to Murphy."

"What?! No you're not." I insist and grab her arm pulling away her away.

"No stop! Murphy! I'm over here!" She shouts.

"Stop it!" I cover her mouth. "I'm not letting you die."

I run with her hand in mine. I don't really know where I am going. We just keep running, I can't let Murphy get her.

"Woah! Watch out!" I put my arm over Charlottes chest to stop her. Just in time too. If I didn't do that we would of fallen off.

We now stood at the edge of a high cliff.

"Now what." She asks.

"Charlotte!" Murphy bellows as he reaches us.

"I'm not letting you take her." I state.

"Who are you?" Murphy questions.

"Not important." I remark.

"Just hand over the girl."

"Sorry can't do that."

"Fine I'll just take her then." He walks over to us.

I pull Charlotte behind me. "You can try." I provoke him.

"Ok."

"Back off Murphy!"

I see Bellamy come running out of the forest and pushes Murphy away from me. Next comes in Finn and Clarke.

"Come on Bellamy, just hand over the girl and all this will be over." Murphy announces.

I push past Bellamy and walk up to Murphy.

"What do you what?" He asks.

"This." I say and punch him in the face. "Oh, yea. That felt good."

"You little!" He stands up again and comes at me.

"Stop fighting!" Charlotte cries.

I dodge his punch and kick him in the stomach and he falls over holding his stomach. Then I punch him in the face again.

"Ok, that's enough." Bellamy speaks, finally.

"Is it?" I demand. "Cause I'm feeling pissed and wanna take it out on something."

"I said stop!" Charlotte exclaims.

I turn back and walk to Charlotte and hug her.

"It will be ok." I lie to her. Honestly I didn't know what was going to happen next.

"Not for her it won't be." Murphy laughs.

"I thought I knocked you down?" I walk back over to him. "Should I try again?" I ask.

He stands up straight. "You can try." He laughs.

"I did it once, I can do it again." I smirk.

I was just about to jump on to Murphy when one of his goonies jumped behind me and pushed me to Murphy. He grabbed his knife and put it up against my throat and used his other hand to hold me close to him.

"Just give me the girl Bellamy." Murphy demanded.

I stood there, as still as I could be.

"Never." Bellamy hissed.

"Fine." Murphy said as he dragged his knife across my throat making a cut.

I let a few tears fall because, well, it hurt.

"No! She's innocent. Please!" Charlotte cried.

"Then we will make a trade." Murphy snickers. "You're life for hers."

"No. Charlotte." I whimper.

Murphy puts the knife back on my throat harder.

"Charlotte do not move." Bellamy commands her. "Murphy let her go." He glares at Murphy.

"Not until I get the little girl."

"Never." I say and jerk my head back hitting Murphy. He lets go of me and I fall to the ground.

"Don't think you can get away that easy." He whispers in my ear and pulls me back up.

"I'm sorry." I hear Charlotte say.

"What?" I see Charlotte turn around, towards the cliff edge.

"Charlotte!! Stop!" I scream.

Bellamy runs towards her and try to reach out for her but, he is too late. 

She jumped.

"No." I cry.

Murphy drops me and I fall to my knees. I look up and see Bellamy is on the ground, staring at the edge. Of course I am sad but now, I'm pissed. I stand up off the ground and turn towards Murphy. I give him my best death glare and say

"You did this."

"I didn't think she'd jump!" He shouts.

I walk up to him and punch him unto the ground and sit on top him of him, punching him over, and over, and over.

"Hey! That's enough." Bellamy says and pulls me off Murphy.

"No! It's not!" I cry. "He's a murderer!" At the time I was thinking. I mean, I was a murderer too. But I don't children.

"Sh. For now, it is." He says and pulls me into a hug while we sit on the ground.

I haven't cried in so long that, it feels so weird. Bellamy kept petting my head and shushing me and telling me it's all alright. And honestly, his voice was very calming to me.

"It will be ok." He whispered to me.

I don't really remember what happened the rest of the night. I do remember Bellamy banning Murphy from camp and me being carried somewhere.

Then falling asleep against a hard chest.

The Grounder from The SkyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara