Chapter Twenty Two : "They can't help her"

"You know he was just protecting himself!" I shout at Bellamy.

"He poisoned one of my people." He retorts.

"And you kidnapped and tortured one of my men!" I practically get in his face at this point. 

His expression fell and he took a step back. 

"If it wasn't me that found him, you and most likely all of your people would be dead right now."

He grabbed my hand and started walking me to the front gate. I just let him walk me, I didn't feel like arguing more. 

He held my hand tight as we stopped a few feet outside the gate and turned me towards himself.

"Alex."

I looked up at him.

"I'm sorry for what I did. I hope you have just a little bit of trust in me."

"I don't know Bellamy. You are back and forth. I save your life, you humiliate me in front of your camp, I go to help your people by searching for that fallen ship and you knock me out, stealing my belongings and now you torture one of my men. You're sweet and nice to me, hell you even kissed me even though it was to distract me during our spar and you're also one of the biggest jerks I've met."

He takes my other hand and pulls me into him.

"Alex,"

"No, I'm not done." I try pulling away but he tightens his hold on me. "Did I mention that you-"

"Alex!" He shakes me and leans down to my height. "Please."

I look down and apologize.

"Don't apologize." He lets out a small huff of a laugh and places his hands on my shoulders, slowly massaging them up and down. "Can I talk for a bit?"

"Fine."

"While you were busy yelling and making my head pound, I had arranged some guys to escort Lincoln back to his hut."

Wait.

I look up and automatically my face turns into a big smile. 

"Seriously?" 

"Yes seriously."

"I'm sorry for shouting."

"Don't be. Now," He releases my shoulders and his hands fall to his sides. "You should go and see how he's doing."

I tighten the strap of my satchel and put my hood on.

"Right, I should go." 

I give him a quick hug and run off.

"Thanks, Bell!" 

*Time Skip*

After checking on Lincoln I head back to my clan. 

Once arriving, I notice everyone is scrambling around and they are running into their homes.

I jog up to the main hut and enter it. Most of the clan's leaders and affiliates are here but there's no sign of Lexa.

I greet the leaders and take my stand to the right of Lexa's seat which is at the top of the table.

"Alex,"

A member of Azgeda calls.

"Yes?"

"Where is Lexa?" 

"I will go look for her."

Exiting the hut I go over to me and Lexas shared hut. Opening the door my hand is grabbed and I am pulled inside.

"Sorry." 

Inside their is Lexa, three guards, and a young girl laying on Lexa's bed. I walk over and see that it is Lexa's young protege. 

"What happened?" I ask.

"She has fallen ill," Lexa answers me.  

"I will fetch the doctor." 

"No good. They can't help her." She tells me. 

I sit on the bed and test the girl's temperature with the palm of my hand. She's burning. I need to do something, she's too young to die. 

"There has to be something we can do Lexa."

"I've tried." She looks so defeated. 

"Lexa, there is a meeting being held right now."

"I know, this is more important."

"Yes, I know," I stand and place my hand on her shoulder. "That's why I am going to take care of this."

She faces me.

"You are the leader of Trikru. You must represent your people at that meeting. I will take care of this. But I will need your permission for some things." 

I try my best to stand tall and not seem to be shaking. Yes, I am a warrior, but the thought of losing one of my people, especially a child scares me.

"Come with me." She walks out of the hut and I follow.

We enter the main hut and she sits in her seat and I stand next to her.

After a few minutes the meeting is over and Lexa asked the ones of the Trikru to stay behind.

"As of this morning my young apprentice has fallen very ill."

A few murmur to the ones next to them and others gasp quietly.

"My brother has offered a plan. Now please listen to him." She gestures to me and I stand straight.

"I have been given the task of watching over the Skaikru," They all nod. "After watching after them these past few months, I have discovered they have a skilled physician with them."

One of the commanders stand.

"You are not implying we bring them here?!"

Lexa reaches her hand out and points down. They sit immediately and bow their head.

"Yes, that is what I am implying. For example, one of their men was impaled and hung as bait. He was very badly injured. But now he is walking and working fine. So I am suggesting a treaty. They have not committed any terrible offenses against us and they haven't intended to start a war."

Lexa nods and stands.

"All those in favor please, stand."

They murmur and eventually all stand in favor.

"Perfect." Lexa turns to me. "Alex I want you in charge of this."

"Yes Heda."

"Let's go!" She leaves the hut and we all follow.

As I walk next to her she grabs my arm.

"What is your plan?"

"We meet at the bridge just on the south side of here. We will need transport. So horses and some guards. Not many though, I don't want to alarm them."

"Alright. How will we tell them to meet us?"

"I ran into one of them one day and I think they trust me enough. I can give them the message and they can tell their leader." 

"Let's get started then."