Chapter Nineteen : "I can protect you princess"

We have been walking for not even a full thirty minutes and these guys are already complaining. They have no patience what so ever. 

"Can we stop for a bit?" One of them asks. 

I turn to look at him. He's tall but shorter than Bellamy, blonde hair and green eyes. I squint my eyes at him, wondering why someone of his....stature would tire out so easily. 

"What's your name?" I ask him. 

"Jake. Why?" He answers.

"Jake, you can turn around and go back if you want," I tell him. "Or you can shut up, endure it and keep walking." 

He looks at me wide-eyed and lip twitching. Yea, I definitely made him mad.

"You know what? I am tired of your bossing around! A couple of weeks ago you didn't even exist to us. I've never even seen you before. And you think you can tell us what to do?" He rants.

"Are you done?" I look up at him with a bored expression. 

"What-" He starts. I put my pointer finger in front of his face silencing him. 

"Nah uh. Shush. Listen here. You volunteered to come with us all this way. You know nothing about these woods and don't know where you are going. And I bet you don't even know where you are." I step closer to him and whisper, "So you better stop pissing me off and whining like a baby or I will knock you out, tie you to a tree and leave you for whatever finds you. And trust me, you don't want to meet some of the things that live in these woods." I step back from him and give him a sweet smile. "Ok, Jake?" 

"I-" Is all he can say before I start walking towards our destination again.

*Time skip*

"Ok, stop here for a minute," I tell the guys. "Jake you go exactly 30 steps to my left. You two, "I point to the other guys, "go 45 steps to my right. We will meet up here in 15 minutes. Got it?" 

"Sure." Jake answers and starts walking. The other two follow suit and start walking to their destination. 

"Hey, look they aren't complaining anymore, that's nice," I tell Bellamy.

"Yeah well, it's probably because you threatened the big guy. And since he walked away almost pissing his pants I think they are all scared of you."

I laugh and start walking toward Lincoln's little hut. 

"Good, they should be. Now they won't talk bad behind my back."

He jogs a little to catch up with me. 

"Yea I guess so." He agrees.

"Come on, let's go get the cure for Finn." 

I knock on the door of Lincolns hut and wait a few seconds. 

After about a minute I knock again.

Nothing.

"This isn't good," I whisper to myself.

Taking my sword out of its sheath I push it into the crack of the door, sliding it up the length of the wood. Taking in a good deep breath I steady my legs and using all the force I can muster, I bring my sword down as hard as possible breaking the lock on the door with a loud clang.

"That was...wow," Bellamy mumbled.

Holding my sword out in front of me I open the door slowly. 

"Lincoln," I call for him. 

Walking into the hut everything that used to be on shelves and on tables is now on the floor either spilled, shattered or knocked over.

"Alex." Bellamy tries to put his hand on my shoulder, I guess to comfort me.

I put my hand up to block his. "Don't. He's fine. I know it."

The feeling in the pit of my stomach starts to make me nauseous. 

"Lincoln!" I call out much louder.

"Alex, you can't be loud," Bellamy warns me.

"I'm pretty sure I was louder when I broke the lock." I retort.

Searching around the small hut I see all of his things on the floor. As if someone was here before us, looking for something. 

"He's not here." 

"How do you know." He asks.

"If he was he'd either come out or call my name."

Walking back outside I put my sword back into its sheath and open my satchel. Pulling out a "C" shaped piece of wood with leather wrapped around it.

"What's that? Wait that's for-" Bellamy asks me.

Putting the horn to my mouth I blow as hard as I can into it. A loud deep sound emits from it and scares away all the little animals and birds around.

"I thought we weren't trying to attract the "things living in these woods.' " He says uses his hands to make air quotations. 

"Ha, ha." I laugh at his joke sarcastically. "The horn is to ward off any other people who might be in these woods. We use it to alert others of acid fog."

"I know what it's for but, why are you using it?" 

"Just in case. So that we don't run into any unwanted company. Now let's go wait for the guys." Walking a few feet towards the meetup point we sit against a tree and wait for them.

"Hopefully they won't be long." Bellamy says as he lays his hand back on the tree.

"Yea, hopefully," I yawn and lay my head on his shoulder.

"Hey, you ok? You've been acting weird since we left." He looks down at me.

"I'm fine. Just tired."

"Ok, you take a quick nap and I'll wake you when they get back."

"You sure you can protect us both princess?" I ask him in a deep voice.

He laughs and replies "I'm perfectly sure I can protect you princess."

After he says that I start to hear a loud ringing in my ears and my vision goes black.