TWELVE

"You wanna join what now?" Taehyung's eyes were wide, his lips parted

"You wanna join what now?" Taehyung's eyes were wide, his lips parted. His messy blonde locks growing slowly into a mullet, his hands nearly dropping the large basket of strawberries. Hoseok winced at the tone of voice, hushing the younger as he also held the large basket of strawberries.

"The tournament." Hoseok answered, walking ahead of Taehyung before setting the basket of strawberries where all the fruits were set. He stretched and wiped the sweat off his forehead, rolling his sleeves to his elbows. Taehyung followed him and also set down the basket of strawberries.

"Hoseok your crazy! Not the tournament! Who even told you about it?" Taehyung asked his eyes ready to pop out of his eye pockets. Hoseok walked to grab an empty basket, placing it on his hip as he walked towards the strawberry vines. Taehyung hastily grabbed a basket as well and followed the older one.

"Y/n. I met her earlier by the river bank. She told me she trains by the river to get ready for the tournament which from what I heard is in a week." Hoseok explained, picking up ripe red strawberries from the vines and placing them in the basket. Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows as he too started to picking the strawberries.

"Okay but why? Sure you can join anyone can, but why? What's there to gain?" Taehyung asked, stopping his movements. Hoseok bit his lip, as he continued to pick the strawberries. At the moment Hoseok was helping Taehyung collect the strawberries and other fruits. Other people were helping but none seem to care about the conversation the prince and Taehyung were having.

"Because why not. I mean I haven't practice my fighting skills in a while so it's a perfect time to see what I lack in and what I'm still good at." Hoseok shrugged. Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows in confusion placing his basket down to cross his arms over his chest.

"That's bull crap Hoseok. You hate fighting, your passion is dancing not fighting. Are you seriously going to lie to someone who's known you for years?" Taehyung scoffed and harshly slammed the basket on the ground to gain Hoseoks attention. Hoseok flinched and looked at the male in front of him.

"Now tell me the truth." Taehyung huffed. Hoseok sighed, standing up straight as he placed the basket on his hip again. He bit his lip as his cheeks slowly tinted pink.

"I-I just want to Tae." Hoseok defend, his face slowly growing red. Just in fact why was he doing this anyway? He just told himself to get over Y/n but he couldn't help himself, and the only way to get her attention was through the tournament but he couldn't necessarily tell Taehyung that. Taehyung narrowed his eyes at the prince, Hoseok swallowed chewing his lip.

"Okay but why? You hate violence that was like your biggest fight with the king. You wanted no part in war nor taking down Robin Hood which you now know is a women." Taehyung scoffed. Hoseok only laughed nervously with a hard swallow.

"Of course. And I still don't want to peruse violence. It's just for fun Tae, come on. Why are you questioning me?" Hoseok said with a nervous chuckle. Taehyung's eyebrow twitched in annoyance as he glared at the older male.