Epilogue: Revelations

Fenris was walking me out to the entrance as it neared eight-thirty in the evening. As much as the party was fun, Principal Velez had a strong concern about the time the students went home. In my hand, I held my masks and wig that I had taken off. The other hand was holding on to Fen's hand.

When we arrived at the entrance, Hati saw us and literally ran up to us. He noticed the wig and masks and he stared at Fenris pointedly without even looking at my face, "You didn't tell me you had a girlfriend."

I glanced at Fenris and raised an eyebrow, curious as to what his answer would be. Are you going to lie or are you going to tell him?

He simply gave me a confident grin and tightened his grip on my hand. He told the bodyguard, "Well, Hati, why do I need to tell you? Besides, she just recently got over her fear of letting people see her face. As much as I know I'm supposed to tell you about things like this, I can't let her down."

With that, Hati finally looked at me properly, and he blinked and stared at me in shock. "Sam? What happened to..."

Thankfully, Fenris cut him off and told him in a very brief summary, "Bad childhood scars. Don't press her on that. She's very much like a skittish fox who's likely to run away if you hurt her."

I stared at Fen for his choice of words. "Really? Me, a fox?"

"Well, because of you, they know my full name." He laughed and poked my nose playfully. I swatted back at him as I gave him a kind of amused look. "So this wolf'll have to get back at you somehow."

Just to tease him further, I grinned and playfully barked at him. "Arf, arf! Is this little puppy upset about that?"

He growled back in a lighthearted manner and chuckled. "You're a bitch. And I mean it literally."

"Uhm, isn't this rare?" I suddenly heard someone say, and I jumped. I nearly forgot that Hati was right in front of us. "I'm pretty sure foxes and wolves don't get along though."

I giggled. "Well, I'm sure science says that opposites attract."

Hati sighed. "I guess it does say that, but..." Hati looked at Fenris, and then he looked at me. "I really hope you're good enough for him. It's the first time I've ever seen Fenris this happy."

I looked at Fenris, who had a smile on his face. His eyes were bright with pure happiness, and I was sure my own eyes reflected his level of happiness. I looked back at Hati and nodded. "I promise." I remembered about our parents (more specifically our moms fighting), then I sheepishly added, "Well, I just hope this face doesn't put his family off. I had a hard time convincing my mom I was okay revealing my face."

"Are you kidding, Sam?" Fenris frowned. He faced me towards him, and he told me, "You're beautiful, Sam. In fact, your face doesn't matter. All that matters is that soul I fell in love with. You're sweet, kind, yet careful about everything. Heck, you're amazing!"

I smiled gratefully at him. "Thanks Fen."

Hati chuckled. "Wow, he really has fallen hard for you."

"Yeah..." I shyly nodded, a bit embarrassed about it.

Fenris noticed Hati's car and he suggested, "Well, how about I drop you off at your house?"

I stared at him like he was crazy. "Really? What if Hati runs someone over?"

"Hey! I was practicing!" Hati interjected.

Fenris looked like he had a much better idea. "Well, Hati, I know you don't want to leave me alone, but could you go ahead? I'll walk Sam home, and then I'll go straight home. If anything happens, I'll call you."