Prologue: The Artist

"Uh, hello, Samantha. C-Can you please draw a sketch for me?"

A black-haired, blue-eyed girl asked as she shyly held out a light yellow paper to an Art Club member who blankly stared at her empty canvas. This girl's black hair wasn't completely black, though. There was a white streak in her hair, seemingly starting above her right eye. Even her right eyebrow was white as well.

The girl with soft brown eyes and red hair seemed to be deaf to her question. Her hair wasn't like other red-haired people. It was so orange-red that it could only be described properly as the color of a fox's fur.

The girl waved her hand in front of the artist, and the said artist blinked and sheepishly took the paper from her.

"Sorry, I was just thinking." The artist sheepishly chuckled as she rested the paper on the easel's board. She took out a charcoal pencil and asked, "Well, what do I need to draw?"

"Uhm, can you draw Damien staring out the window?" The girl blushed lightly. "Don't worry, I'll add there that I asked your help, so no misunderstandings."

Samantha just simply nodded and began to draw the framework of the sketch.

The girl, whose name was Rylai, was a classmate of Samantha. She wasn't exactly a friend of hers, but more like a trusted accquaintance. Damien was one of the the school's outstanding students, the president ot the student board. To add to that, he was a handsome, brown-haired, green-eyed teen, and he even plays basketball during his free time. He was everything good in one package, and was the most liked person in the entire Bundery High, and quite possibly the lucky guy with the most girls who had a crush on him. However, Samantha wasn't one of the so-called 'Damian's-da-man fangirls', and Rylai was one of those girls who were too scared to directly talk to their crushes.

Soon, the charcoal sketch was done, and Rylai gasped in amazement.

"As always, Samantha, you've outdone yourself!" Rylai gasped. "It's almost like a photo!"

Samantha shrugged and gave the sketch to her. "Remember, charcoal is a bit messy, so try not to spill water on it, alright?"

Rylai nodded. "Thanks Samantha!"

She turned around and happily skipped out of the Art Club room, unaware of the sudden gloom that filled the almost-empty room.

Samantha sighed. She reached into the bag beside her, and pulled out her sketch pad. She opened it to the first page, and she was met with a sketch of a crow that was definitely one of her beginner's sketches. She flipped through many pages, until she found the page where she was still working on. It was of a woodland fox, under the light of the moon.

She brought out her colored pencils and began to continue shading and coloring the fur the same color as her own foxfur-like hair, with a white tuft at the end of the tail.

After a while, she heard someone call out her name.

"Yo, Sam!"

She looked up from the sketch pad and found her best friend Max River waving at her enthuistically.

"Oh, Max." Samantha looked at her watch. It was almost 5:30 PM, the time students should had already exited the school. She put her things in her bag, and then she slung the bag over her shoulder. She then followed Max through the hallway leading to the wider hallway that had the lockers and also led to the entrance of the school. "Sorry Max, I was kind of occupied with my drawings."

Max rolled his eyes. "Drawings, sketches, painting... Geez Sammy, you should make sure to leave some time for friends!"

Sam pulled Max's black hair at the back of his head. "Don't call me Sammy, you dunderhead. I'll make sure to join you after class next time."