Chap- 42 I am angry

Its been 3 days since then. I was very angry at him for that 'test '. Probably, at that time, in who made me a princess, he took Athanasia's test too, to which she failed, it was not just mentioned. So, in the end if I wouldn't have struggled and found a way out, he probably was going to save me. He was not actually going to kill me but put me into some training. What kind of training could it be?

'System, if a heir, in this period, fails a test then what happens?'
"An emperor who's also a father, takes a test of the heir when they are usually between the age group of 5-10 in this era to see who are worthy of taking the throne. Its generally 5-6 tests that run over a few months and generally include daily life situations. The first test only, involves life and death situations. Others don't involve life and death but still are tough. If any heir fails the first test, then, he's left to die and is shown no mercy. But if the heir passes the first test and fails the 2nd one, then, he's sent for secluded traing for many years or if the crown prince or princess is chosen, if she/ he fails the test, then are killed mercilessly. But, this situation only occurs when there are many heirs and concubines of the emperor. You being the sole heir would have a lot of expectations from the emperor. Moreover, this emperor doesn't intend on making any more heirs. That's why even if you would have failed today, then you would be going to some other place for secluded training. This is not the emperor's fault, nor yours, its the fault of this era and people's mindset and the traditions carried over generations."

'But today I passed, so you mean to say that the other tests won't be pertaining to life and death?'

"Nope, you would have been sent for secluded training or the emperor would have taught you himself. Giving your relationship, the latter would have happened."

'But in the original lovely princess, Athanasia never did ever undergo any such training.'

"That's because Claude had forgotten her due to the forget spell and hence considered Jennete as the sole heir. He was also personally teaching her, if you recall it from the parts of who made me a princess."

'Then what about Athanasia from who made me a princess?'

"Do you have short term memory loss? She failed the first test, so Claude firstly asked Felix to teach her swimming, then she also learnt other things pertaining to magic before running away, for a short period of time. After she came back she was a full fledged magician."

'But he was never so strict with both of them, so why me?'

"I think you have gotten water for brains. Idiot, you passed the first test and at a very small you had an ambition of becoming the empress, so you learnt magic sword fighting,horse riding and archery along with literary subjects. So it makes sense that Claude would have higher expectations from you. Moreover he himself taught you magic. So he obviously was expecting you to not fail and you lived up to his expectations. That's why he talked about this test in more detail, but you thought they would be like the first one, so you said that it was unacceptable and ran away angrily from there. Even Claude was disappointed because of your behaviour because given his personality, he might think that you don't want to be the empress now. You know what you assume many things and don't give up chance for other people to speak. He was going to explain this test in detail, but you didn't give him the chance to. This was your biggest mistake. I think this time, you both are at fault. Explain everything that was on your mind at that time clearly to him. And let him apologise. Because, by any chance, if you would have been unable to save yourself, then even I would have died. So keep up with your hunger strike and don't see that jerk's face. Let him pay for his sins."

'Yes'

"Oh yea, you still have 30 pints from the last side mission you completed left. Do you want to buy skewers? Because, this hunger strike,is only for show, you are getting food in here too. Plus there's always lucas and his and your magic to buy you food from the town."

' But still, the typical korean food of my past life is only available in the system. So please continue to take care of me in the future too.'

And that's how I put up this very show...