Chap- 72 How to convince dad?

Athanasia's POV:-

" Your majesty princess Athanasia requests an audience. "
Just when did I become this proper? I'm known by the empire for just barging in his room, no matter the time....

"What's going on Athanasia? Since when did you become so proper? Is it just because... Ah!"

Shut up could you? I'm already tensed because you are behaving coldly with me since the time I mentioned me loving someone. I always tell you everything and this is how you torture me? Take this hug and shut up.

"Even I wonder about that."

He hugs me like he usually used to. His hands are cold this time. My heart sinks...

"Daddy, I thought for 2 days straight, but I wasn't able to forget him. I'm so sorry. I know you told me not to come to you but still, I could not bear to be away from you. I'm so sorry. I love him to the core. I'm really... Hng..."

"Tears won't work this time round. So stop crying."

Shit! He broke my weapon.

"But I can understand your heart at this age. I won't force you to forget him either. But just tell me who that boy is. Who knows if I know who he is, I might agree..."

"NO" you might actually banish Lucas.

"Athy?"

"Oh no...well, actually um...I "

"*Sigh* don't tell then, but listen to why I want you to not fall in love..."

He tells me about the rash desicions that he took because of his past 3 wives who are now dead...

I couldn't help but contemplate... I was speechless after hearing his side of the story, but now even I can't back down. I have to tell him the truth. I have to tell him about Lucas. That he's my boyfriend and that he won't do anything like that.

"Now, could you please tell me who is your lover?"
"Lucas."
"Luca... What? That warlock? He's a distant cousin of Duke Altera who..."
"That guy who was Duke Altera was actually Athanacius."

I then told him the rest of the story...

"SUCH AN IMPORTANT THING AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME? JUST WHO DO THINK I AM? YOU SHOULD TELL ME THESE THINGS. IM YOUR FATHER. HOW CAN YOU KEEP SUCH AN IMPORTANT THING FROM ALL OF US. ITS A VERY SERIOUS CASE."

He is yelling, not like I didn't expect this. He then suddenly hugs me. " Athanasia, you are my only child. I can't afford to lose you. You should always tell me these things. "

"I know dad. I'm really very sorry for everything. Really. So to cover up for this situation, I said that Lucas was his distant nephew. So now Lucas is the royal magician and the Duke too. So what do you now think about this marriage? "

I'm expecting good results...

"..."