He returned the flower in front of her eyes. "Happy birthday."

She gratefully took the flower and admired it's beauty. It wasn't something that was seen in the Leaf Village.

"Where did you get this?" She asked in a gasp, still staring wide eyed at the large flower.

"Don't you know you leave a trail of beautiful flowers behind you?" He smirked proudly.

Sakura rolled her eyes at his cheesy pick up line, but the blush was still evident on her cheeks. This was how she celebrated her birthday, no matter how simple it was. She was grateful, and she loved it. The celebration at home was grand, but it was stressful more than anything else. Birthday parties are never fun, especially as a heiress or a child prodigy.

Kakashi smiled behind his mask. She acts coldly, but more than she noticed, she opens up in many little ways. There was hope for her to live a happy life.

However, that life was short lived. Returning to Konoha meant facing their family; Sakura, facing her father. They dragged their feet on the ground as they headed for their home, dreadful of what their father or clan would think or say about their failed mission.

When Sakura returned home, her father was already waiting at the doorstep. She pursed her lips as she guided her gaze to the ground.

"Father."

"How was your mission?" Was the first thing he said since her return.

She couldn't help but hesitate a little. "I failed the mission." She bowed. "I'm sorry for being a disgrace to the family!"

She held that position, waiting for his lecture. It never came. He stepped into his sandals and left the house without a word. Until the door closed, she stood up straight with a frown on her face.

It was weird of him to not lash out at her failure. Perhaps he was too disappointed in her, she sighed. She slipped off her sandals and headed to the living room.

"I'm home!"

"Welcome back, Sakura!" Her mother greeted, exiting the kitchen. "How was your mission?"

She wore an apron and wiped her hands on it. "I have great news for you!"

"It.. didn't go so well.." She muttered softly.

A slightly wrinkled hand pat her head and brought her head up. "It's fine, Sakura. It happens sometimes."

She gave her mother a small smile, her only solace in this hellhole.

Her mother grinned and ruffled her soft pink hair. "Here's a great news to cheer you up!" She looked down at her belly and rubbed it in circles with her other hand. "You're getting a younger sibling!"

Sakura's eyes widened like never before and gaped at the news. "WHAT?!?" Her emerald eyes sparkled and she dove for her mother's occupied stomach. Her composure dropped instantly at the news of a new life.

Sumire hopped off her shoulder as she hugged the figure and glued her ears on the belly.

Her mother laughed at her antics. "Oh, silly you! It's way too early to be hearing anything!"