Dazing Out

Here's another Finnick and Annie One-shot; I hope you enjoy it!

====

It was a quiet day in District 13, which was to say very abnormal compared to the previous days. Katniss we're out talking to President Coin while the rest of the crew relaxed for once. Both Peeta and Johanna were saved a couple a week ago, though both of them are still in rehabilitation more Peeta than Johanna, and Enobaria joined the rebellion. Finnick was out talking to Peeta, trying to get his mindset back on track.

Annie and Finnick were to be married in a few days. The whole district was planning it as a small celebration which would do good to the people with the rebellion going on. It was going to be a traditional District 4 one.

Annie POV:

I walk into the large common area to see Johanna slouching while going through the tv, Enobaria quietly sitting in the corner with a book, and Prim going through the kitchen looking for something. I walk over to Prim who's searching through the cupboards.

" What are you doing, Prim?" I asked her leaning over the counter. 

" Huh?- Ow" she looks, rubbing the stop she hit her head against the cupboard upper ledge. My eyes widen and I go over to where she's crouching down. " O my gosh, Prim, are you okay?"

" Yeah, I'm fine. Anyways, what's up?"

" Oh nothing, everyone seemed so prioritized by themselves, I thought I should make something." I stand up, reaching out a hand for her to grab and get up.

" Really? Can I help?" She asks with a big smile clapping her hands together.

" Sure!" I walk over to get the ingredients. " I was thinking of making a special my grandma's famous tart. What do you think?" I ask, tilting my head slightly in her direction.

Her eyes perk in interest at the sound of tart to which I giggle in amusement. She vigorously nodded and started to gather the ingredients I told her. My face softened and a smile crept up while watching her as she rummages through the cupboards and drawers. I always wanted a little sister, but I was stuck being the only child. The only people who were close to my age were probably my two twin cousins. We weren't that close, but from what I remember we had a pretty good relationship. I sometimes went to their house to play when I was younger; through the years, I guess, we just drifted apart. 

Finnick has a little brother, who is adorable and is probably one of the few little kids I know. He was 7 the last time I saw him, which was when Finnick got reaped and we had a big dinner with both our families. 

I was pulled out of thoughts when I heard someone shaking my arm while calling out my name repeatedly.

" Annie, Annie... are you okay? You were dazing out for a bit." I look turned my face to see a worried Prim. " Uh... Yeah, I was just... thinking." At this, she rose an eyebrow but nodded nevertheless and continued mixing the batter.

We spend the rest of the hour making the dessert while making small talk. Prim was really amazing. She was sweet, generous, kind-hearted. I'm glad I get to learn more about her. We have quite a lot of things in common. 

Just then, the timer went ringing indicating our tart's crust was done. I plop on a pair of kitchen mittens and open the oven to get it out. The freshly baked smell spread through the room. I set it down a tray and told Prim to get the cream and decorations. I spread the cream over it evenly and stepped back to let Prim add the decorations. She looked at it with excited eyes, Prim was practically drooling. I giggle at her expression and walk ver to the sink to wash my hands.

That's when I felt a pair of arms suddenly wrapped around my torso. I squeak a little in surprise. The person behind me brought his mouth near my ear and whispered, " How was your morning?" His breath tickled against my ear as I try to hold back a giggle. I turn around in his arms and smiled. His blonde hair was a bit wet at the tips and he smelled fresh. He must have just gotten out of the shower. 

My hand lay on top of his biceps when I replied, " It just got even better." I tiptoe to peck his lips. " How was Peeta?"

His eyes lowered down, " He's doing better, He's starting to trust us a bit more. That's an improvement, right?" He sighed and leaned down to brush his lips against mine before kissing me. I smile through it and pulled my arms to wrap around his neck, pulling him closer. He tightened his hold on my waist and trailed a hand to the small of my back. After a couple of more seconds, he pulled back with his usual bright smile, to which I fell for.

" Yeah, everyone's trying their best." I lay my head on his broad chest listening to his calming heartbeat.

" Anyways, I smelled something good, and I mean other them you," he says with a wink at the end. I playfully slap his chest and scoff, " You and food."  He laughs. His laugh vibrated through since I was basically on his chest. I shake my head in disbelief and smile at his childish behavior.

I don't know where I would be without him...

===

This one has more cuteness than the one I wrote before.

- Love Malina