Save Her ( Clato )

Shout out to Marvel_girl23 for this wonderful idea for a Clato one-shot. I hope this lives up to your expectations. Also please check out one of my best friend's poem books, it has Hunger Games poems as well.

Her books are called The Fallen and Goodbye, AKenyaG

My poll is still up, so make sure to check that out too and vote. I might just be randomly doing one-shots you guys requested, so please comment on any ideas you have.

====================================

Cato POV

" Cato! Cato " I heard Clove screamed.  My eyes widened in horror, thinking she was in danger,  I rushed to find her.

I was chasing the girl with red hair when I heard Clove scream my name. I gave up on the red-haired girl and rushed over the direction her voice came from.

I headed to the cornucopia to see Clove pinned against the cornucopia by the throat. Anger flashes through my eyes. I also see the girl on fir laying down on the floor watching the scene. But only thought comes into my mind. To Save Clove

I run over as fast as my legs would let me. Clove had her eyes tightly shut whimpering my name. I stood right behind the boy from District 11 and stabbed my sword right through him. From the corner of my eye, I could see the girl on fire stumbling over to her bag and quickly running off with it. I let her go, this time; but now Clove's more important. His grip on Clove weakened and his hand fell along his side as he dropped to the ground. The cannon went off and I immediately knew he was dead. Clove's knees then gave up on her and she fell to the ground. I quickly went to catch her.

Her eyes were widened in horror with tears threatening to spill and her body was shaking. Her lips trembled as she asked, " Cato?"

I gave her a slight smile in relief and hug her to my chest. I don't care if the Capitol saw us, I'm just glad she's okay. " Yeah, it's me. You okay?" I asked, pulling away from her.

She slowly nods. I looked over to see the girl on fire gone along with her district bag. I sigh and walk over to the cornucopia. I went and grabbed both ours and District 11's bag. Then I quickly went back to Clove.

" Cato. . . Thank you " she whispered. I smiled at her and lightly kissed her forehead. 

" Come on, let's get out of here. Can you walk?", I asked her while helping her up.

" I think I ca- ah", she would've fallen straight to the ground if I haven't been holding her by the waist.

I chuckled and passed her the bags to hold. I then picked her up in the bridal style. I placed one of my arms underneath her legs while my other one was against her back, keeping her balanced. I pulled her closer to my chest and went back into the forest.

After a bit, we stopped and rested underneath a big tree. I set her down gently and sat beside her. Her head was down and she was staring at her lap. " I can't believe it. . . I almost died." She then gave out a sad laugh. " I guess, now I know what it feels like. It was like I could see my whole life flash before my eyes."

I then lifted her chin up by my finger. " Look, at me. I'm never going to let you get hurt."

" But Cato, you and I both know that only one of us has a chance of making it out alive." her voice trembled in fear. It's true, that only one of us could make it and I want it to be her.

" I know, and you're going to be the one who wins", I tell her.
" What? No! You have to win!", She shouts.

I shake my head, " I won't have a purpose to live without you. You deserve to live, Clove".

" And what makes you think you don't deserve to live? And you think I can live without you?" She says but lowered her voice when she continued. " You saw what happened today, I would've been dead if it weren't for you. That shows just how weak I am."  She bit her lip to keep her from crying. I pulled her onto my lap and wrapped my arms around her. Clove's back was against my chest and she laid her head back on my shoulder.

"You're not weak! Heck, you could have me by the throat if you wanted. Your the bravest and beautiful girl there is. And I love you just the way you are." I whispered into her ear.

She then turned to face me and kissed me full on the lips. Normally I was the one to pull her in. The kisses held deep emotions. It was longing desire and love. She wrapped her arms around my neck while I pulled her closer by the waist. She tilted her head making the kiss deeper.

We pulled away panting as our foreheads laid against each other. We were staring at each other's eyes, not caring about anything else in the world.

After a while, she told me in a low whispered with a smile, " I love you too ".

I would protect her with my life if it means I get to see her smile. . .

===============

I hope you guys enjoyed it. I was squealing so much while I wrote this. If you guys love Clato so much, please check out my Clato book called the Unknown Lovers. It's on my profile.

Comment your favorite part!

- Love Malina