Finally Home

"Congratulations Lilian, you've finally been released. Hope you won't be easily tricked again" the older woman smiled at me softly, Miss Cho, the policewoman. "Thanks miss Cho. But I believe him, nobody would've helped him if I hadn't" I replied.
"Miss Lilian, you're still as gorgeous as five years ago" the driver said opening the door for me. "Thanks Myung" I sat down and he closed the door. "Boss Jake has many meetings today. So he sent me to pick you up" Myung informed.
"Yeah its alright."

    All the inmates and prison guards said Jake was a bastard and it wasn't worth for being a scapegoat for a person that tricked me.
But.. no one knows about our love for each other, right?

"Lilian I love you, five years are going to pass very quickly " those words were like imprinted in my mind and I spend my five years for my love. But no one visited me these past five years. I smiled sadly.

    I stepped out of the car. Myung waved goodbye as he left. I smiled as I ringed the bell. The door opened revealing Susan, one of the maids. She gasped and was ready to shout but I covered her mouth. "Young miss, you, you are back" Susan said still in shock. "Shushh" I placed my finger on my lips, "keep it down Susan" she closed the door and we started walking in.

    "Where is Rose?" I asked, my heart felt heavy, I felt like crying but I held my tears back. "She's in the kitchen young miss" Susan replied with a giggle, "she would be sooo happy to see you!" I smiled at her. "Young miss we didn't knew it was your release day, otherwise we would have been there to take you back home" Susan explained with an apologetic look. "It's alright Susan" I said.

     I silently peeked through the kitchens door. "I don't want to eat ajumma!" my little rose whined, "I don't like vegetables." I smiled, she's still the same. Rose's back was facing me, I carefully entered the kitchen. Ajumma noticed me, her eyes almost popped out of her skull but signaled her to keep quiet. "Ajumma, I'm so hungry" I took a seat next to Rose, "what did you make? Oh bibimbap! Please bring some for me" I told ajumma but she was quite, I looked at Rose and she also had that expression, mouth opened and eyes wide.

    Seeing them silent, for a moment I thought they weren't happy to see me. All my excitement died and I looked down. "Unnie!" Rose yelled and tackled me in tight hug and bursted into tears, "why didn't no one told me you were coming" she said between her sobs. I couldn't control my emotions and started crying. "OK silly girls, stop crying" ajumma patted our heads.

    Ajumma is like a mother to us, she took care of us after Mom disappeared and left us here in the hands of the beast and her cruel witch. "Go freshen up Lilian, I'll prepare your favorite meal" ajumma told me. "Yes yes make bulgogi, Unnie loves bulgogi" Rose started yelling, "let's go Unnie we need to catch up, let's go!" Rose grabbed my hands and started running. "Slow down you both!" ajumma yelled from the kitchen.

  "Where is Dad?" I asked. "That beast is on a business trip" Rose replied. "Rose, you can't call him a beast. At least he treats you good" I scolded her. "Treat me good?" she asked in disbelief, "after you left, his behavior changed."  "What?don't tell me he beats you?" I asked concerned "are you hurt?" I said checking her body for any scratches or marks but thankfully nothing.

   "Well kind of..." She spoke reluctantly, "because I called step mother a witch. I sneaked out to meet you but got caught. I putted spiders in Katherine's bed and called dad's friend 'gay' "  her list goes on and on. I'm really angry and sad right now, he can't treat Rose like that and she seems sad. "OK.. So! What about you're love life" I tried to cheer up. "Nah I don't have anyone" she replied and rolled my eyes.

   "How could you even? You always tell each and every boy that he is gay" I chuckled. "Because they look like one" she pouted, "and Jake looks gay too."  "Rose he's older than you, show some respect" I scolded, "did he came to check up on you?"
   "Brruhhhh" she sneered, "he didn't, not even once. Unnie he is a monkey licking duck."
"Shut up Rose, he must be busy.." I tried to sound reasonable.