Riding with the Best

Raven awoke to the crash of a drumset. It seemed to be early morning, and for a scary moment Raven forgot where she was. The kitten beside her cuddled closer into her side and Raven stroked its little head gently. At least there was some comfort in this strange world. Raven was confused and shocked at  almost everything. This big new world was overwhelming, and she was still sort of waiting to wake up. She'd just been accepting everything that had been happening simply because she was in denial of its reality. From the room beside hers, she could hear loud drumming and guitars. She huffed and got up out of bed. Still in her undies, she stormed towards her door. Such a racket! How dare they be so inconsiderate! She had been trying to sleep! She threw open her door, walked to the next room and slammed the door open, revealing the kid from last night with the brown hair, Steven on the drumset in the corner, and Slash cradling a mockingbird style guitar.

"Could you be quieter, I was asleep!" She growled.

"S- sorry!" Steven gawked.

"Yeah- uh- Raven..." Slash stammered, wide eyed,

"We'll be quiet next time if you go put some pants on." The dark headed boy said grumpily.

"But Matt!" Steven began to whine. 'Matt' just gave him a look and he shutup. Raven glanced down at herself, she wore nothing but a t shirt and undies. She blushed a little and cleared her throat, looking back up at them.

"Ugh. Yeah- sorry!" She then rushed back to her room and grabbed a pair of faded jeans from her drawer, she paired it with a black 'kiss' t shirt and then went back to her bed, grabbing the kitten and putting it on the floor. It gazed up at her in thanks and mewled, then scampered out of the room.

Raven strapped on a plain black bra and trotted downstairs in search of food. She got to the bottom of the stairs and into the loungeroom, thinking, she then remembered where the kitchen had been and walked there. Upon the table was a big plate of hot bacon and eggs.

"Do you want sauce?" A feminine voice asked. Looking up, Raven saw a woman with wavy blonde hair and a vacant expression standing before her.

"Uhm... yeah please!" Raven responded. This was new. At her old house she had to always get her own brekky, but here it was, ready to go as she arrived downstairs. Raven sat down, simply accepting another new thing as she had accepted everything previously. She smiled and hooked in, and a cup of coffee was sat before her within minutes.

"Thanks!" She smiled, after swallowing a bite of egg.

"All good, hun." The lady said. After breakfast the boys reckoned they were gonna go for a bike ride around town.

"Could I come too?" Raven had asked.

"No way, you might hurt yourself again." Steven said, obviously concerned. 

"I'll be fine, honestly!" Raven had waved his response away.

"Okay, but you have to wear a helmet." Said Matt. Raven scowled,

"Fine!" She grumbled, and went to find one. They had ridden around the general area of their house, not going much farther then the skatepark, but Slash wanted a thrill. His idea was to ride up the massive hill which made up the next street, then come shooting back down at full speed.

"First one to pull the brakes has to kiss Steve." Matt had said, decidedly. "And the second to break kisses Slash." He'd added, glancing at Raven.

"Not fair! Who kisses you?" Steven had said, frowning.

"Nobody. My sister's here, I aint gonna risk that shit." He told them. So there it was.

The hike to the top of the hill was- well- torture. Raven wasn't used to it and she didn't much like heights.

"Okay, on the count of three!" Slash yelled

"One", Steven shouted,

"Two!" Matt yelled, Raven's fists clenched around the handle bars.

"Three!!!" Everyone kicked into motion. Raven was sitting fairly upright, as was Steven, but he was heavier, so he was ahead by a bit, Matt was in the lead, leaning down close to his handle bars, and Slash was drifting just ahead of Steven. He swerved towards Steven and sat up straight, causing his bike to slow slightly and for Steven to panic, pulling the brakes to avoid hitting him. Slash then shot off, cackling.

"YOU BLOODY BASTARD!!!" he shouted, leaning forward and speeding off.

Raven giggled and leaned forward too. She wasn't really one for speed, but she felt the need to go faster because she was falling behind. She closed  her eyes for a few seconds, as the wind rushed past her. Her heart beat quickly, she felt a rush of adrenaline, her palms became clammy and her knuckles turned white from clenching onto the handle bars so hard.

She opened her eyes, and discovered that she was riding thirty centimetres from Slash's back wheel, he glanced over his shoulder and smirked at her, she looked at him, wide eyed.

"Slash zig-zagged, and this made him slow down just a bit, Raven forcibly gripped the brakes, pulling herself up short. Then she realised what he'd done and took off again. She reached the bottom of the hill last, and pulled up.

"Guys, this is stupid, do I honestly have to kiss myself?" Steven asked.

"Yes, do it." Matt responded childishly. Steven kissed the back of his hand with force.

"Aw put some  passion in it!" Slash laughed. Steven began to passionately kiss his hand, and Slash nodded. "Okay, you're good. Now for who has to kiss Slash. " Matt said,

"Raven braked second. The sixteen year old curly haired boy said, smirking.

Matt looked at her, expectation written across his face. Oh god.

Raven turned to Slash, and he moved towards her, smirking like a dick head all the way. He leaned in close and brushed a tendril of black hair out of her eyes.

"Might do more then kissing later, if you want?" He murmered flirtatiously. She blushed. That horny bastard!

"In your dreams, curly." She replied quietly.

"Aw, you know you want me." He whispered,

"Kiss me curly short man." She said, Slash snickered and leaned in close, his lips met hers, and Raven couldn't deny; it felt really nice. He moved his soft lips perfectly with hers, and grabbed the back of her head to push her deeper into the kiss, holding her wrist to stop her running away the way she wanted to.

He broke away as quickly as he'd begun, and stepped back.

"Yuck. You have Raven cooties!" Matt shouted, then rode away with Steven in fast pursuit. The rest of the day was spent with Slash and Raven chasing a giggling Matt and Steven around the neighbourhood.

At the end of the day, Matt and Raven returned home, and Steven and Slash returned  to where ever the hell they were supposed to be staying.

Raven could still feel a ghost of Slash's kiss as she flicked off her bedside lamp late that night, and fell peacefully to sleep.