Mr. Brownstone

"How about- 'we've been dancin' with' instead of 'we've been smoking the'?" Suggested Raven. It was the very early hours of the morning,  maybe one or two o clock, it was pouring rain outside and Slash, Izzy, his girlfriend Dezi and Raven were sitting around at Izzy and Dezi's apartment. Renan was at Raven's house, her father having agreed to let Raven have a bit of a break and make sure Renan would be tended to if he woke.

It had been about four months since Renan's birth, and Raven had been a stay at home mum every day since. She'd heard about all the cool stuff the band had been getting into and how much trouble their record company had been, sending a thousand and one different producers at them, with no real success, but she hadn't been living it the way she used to.

"We've been dancin' with Mr Brownstone," Izzy said,

"He's been knockin', he won't leave us alone!" Slash exclaimed. Raven's heart rate picked up, and she smiled widely. What she would have given a few years ago just to watch this unfold. Now she was part of it, and with a beautiful baby boy sleeping at home. Her excitement was barely containable. Mr. Brownstone had been one of her favourite songs of Guns', and she got to participate in its very making!

*the next morning (well when the sun had risen, anyway)*

Raven woke up suddenly to the sound of a baby's crying. She groaned and her eyes fluttered open, then she rolled over and pushed herself up into a sitting position. She scratched the top of her head and blinked hard a couple of times to get the fuzziness to go away. She stumbled to her feet and into Renan's nursery, where he was sitting up and crying loudly.

"Shh- shhh!" Raven hushed as she gently scooped the child up into her arms, gazing gently down at him. He quietened down a little, making quiet whining noises instead and grabbing a fistful of her faded old t- shirt, a tick he'd had since his birth.

She quickly breast fed him and he seemed okay then. She burped him and then carried him with her as she made her way downstairs. She wouldn't be able to get back to sleep now that she was properly awake, anyway. She proceeded to make coffee and got herself a bowl of cereal, and then she put Renan in the highchair and sat in the seat directly beside it to eat breakfast.

Renan was gazing around the kitchen, staring at all of the different shapes and objects within the room,  then he glanced at Raven, smiled toothlessly and began banging his palms on the plastic table attached to his highchair. Raven looked up, smiled and said

"What are you doing?",

"Oo- ooo!" Renan babbled happily.

"Aww, Renan!" She grinned,  and stood up to kiss her son on the head. The doorbell rang, and Raven put her plate and mug on the sink and scooped Renan up to go to the door.

"Who is it?" She called as she approached the door.

"Axl fuckin' Rose, who else?" Axl responded cheerily,

"Don't swear!" She scolded as she swung the door open and Renan yelled

"Raaaah!"

"Sorry, sorry!" Axl replied. He looked well rested, his ginger hair flowing over his shoulders in a light breeze. He grinned as he saw Renan and grabbed him gently off Raven, holding him up and smiling. Renan's shirt had lifted a bit and Axl blew a raspberry on the baby's small belly. Renan squealed and giggled madly, and in response Axl repeated his actions.

"Hey, how's my boy?!" Axl smiled, "uncle Axl's come to visit!"

"Dahhhh!" Renan said loudly.

"What'd you say?" Axl asked,

"Dah."

"Dah?" Axl replied, feigning confusion,

"Darrr!" Babbled Renan happily.

Axl grinned and made his way inside without asking. Not that Raven minded, the band was always welcome.

Axl made for the couch and sat down. He tugged something out of his pocket. It was a bright red rattle.

"Look what I got!" Axl cooed to the interested little boy in his lap, shaking the rattle around, which Renan reached out for. Axl gave it up, and Renan shook it clumsily.

"Ah-laa!" Renan smiled, "daaagah!" Raven grinned and sat beside Axl.

"Hey, baby!" She cooed, "what did you say?" Renan stared up at her and shook the rattle again, giggling and baring his gums in a smile.

"Thankyou for getting him that, Ax. He really likes it!" She turned to Axl, who met her gaze with his lively eyes. They had caught her attention and she felt as though she couldn't look away from him. It wasn't an anticipation of something bad happening if she broke the stare, but more the instinctual hope of something good coming from gazing mindlessly into his mesmerizing green eyes that held her so firmly, and as they leaned in to each other a little closer Raven found herself wishing he would kiss her. Once would be enough, but for someone who had stayed up late each night as a teenager talking to fellow Guns N' Roses fans over social media or writing fanfiction, had refrained from flirting, screaming, fainting and giggling uncontrollably, and had been awfully careful not to mention anything about their future, she felt like she deserved one kiss. Just one. All of a sudden the doorbell rang again. Axl jumped as if the noise had scared him and Raven stood up so fast that she almost keeled over. She stumbled to the door, opening it to reveal none other then her teenage crush, Slash. She'd always found him most attractive out of the group of men, even before she'd fallen through the story, but she'd always gotten the feeling that he saw her as a sister and nothing more, which wasn't unreasonable. He'd known her since she arrived in this damned world, and that was years before.

He smiled from behind his curtain of hair when he saw her.

"Where's the baby?" Slash questioned, of course that was the first thing on Slash's tongue. Not how you doing or even hello, but where's Renan.

"In the loungeroom with Ax." Raven told him quietly, as she admired his curly hair and caramel skin and the fact that he was just that little bit taller then her. She shook her head to clear it as he brushed past her to join Axl on the couch.

'Snap out of it.' She told herself in her head. 'You are such a total idiot. Nobody in this band is going to find you attractive enough even for a one night stand, so just stop it. You have a baby to worry about now.' She let out a defeated sigh and stepped into the room after Slash.

"Anybody want a drink?" She questioned the two men,

"Yeah, thanks!" Slash smiled at her.

"Oh yes please, Rae." Ax replied, looking down at Renan, who was now chewing the rattle and making odd cooing noises.

"Kay, right up." She said, then stepped into the kitchen. She returned a minute later with three glasses of cold water and a baby bottle full of milk, which she'd warmed in the microwave until it was luke warm. She scooped Renan into her arms and began to feed him, but he whined, turned his head and pushed the bottle away, reaching out towards Slash. Slash got up and picked the four month old up, rocking him back and forth and bouncing on the spot. Raven put the bottle on the coffee table and leaned back in her chair as Slash sat back down on the couch, now with Renan in his lap. He picked up the discarded rattle and gave it a shake, then passed it back to Renan.

Raven relaxed, content to watch the two guys play with Renan for a while. Slowly,  her eyelashes fluttered shut and her breathing became deep. She nodded off in the armchair without meaning to, and she dreamed of wonderful things, like kisses from rockstars, Slash's long and bouncy, curly hair and Renan's tinkling laughter.

Sorry that it's short. I know I need to update more, and thought you deserved something. Promise I'll write more!!!
Thanks for reading! Please comment/vote.