Star face

Raven awoke suddenly to a mass of bouncy blonde hair hovering inches from her face. Blearily, she blinked a few times and Steven's signature grin came into focus.

"Steve- what are you doing?" She slurred sleepily,

"Rise an' shine Rae, I've got good news!" He exclaimed. Renan was cradled in Steven's arms. He had been leaning over her, but now he stepped back a little.  Without thinking, Raven tossed the blankets off and placed her feet on the floor. She distinctly heard a wolf whistle from Steven. She was in a black tank top and wore nothing but a rather lacy pair of bright red underwear other then that. In other words, her arse looked brilliant. She glared over her shoulder, blushing a little at a now smirking Steven Adler.

"They're just undies, Steven. How often do you get laid?" She questioned, a smirk beginning to tug at the corners of her lips. It was his turn to blush, and she pulled on a pair of black skinny jeans before reaching out to take a sleepy looking Renan from him. Renan's unruly, dark curls were even messier then usual, as she hadn't styled them yet and he gazed up at her sleepily, pacifier stuck between his lips. Raven smiled at the baby boy and ruffled his hair.

"Guess what?!" Steven brought her out of her train of thought,

"Huh?" She looked up at him,

"Zutaut asked us if we wanna see if Paul Stanley would be a good productions manager for appetite. We're meeting him today!" Steven squealed in excitement. Kiss were his heroes, so Raven could understand why he'd be excited.

"oh my god, Stevie, that's great!" She smiled,

"You're coming!" He told her. Raven wasn't about to argue with the man. This was Paul Stanley for fuck's sake.

"But what about Renan?" She asked,

"What about him? He can come too. I mean- why the heck not? It's at the band apartment." He responded.

"Okay!" She grinned, now also excited. She was gonna meet Paul Stanley!

"We gotta figure out what I'll wear." Raven said.

"Just wear that." Steven said, referring to her grubby black jeans, crinkled tank top and extremely messy hair.

"this? I can't wear this Stevie! We're talking about Paul god damn Stanley!" She exclaimed, placing Renan gently onto her bed and turning to her wardrobe. She began tossing clothes out onto the floor, muttering to herself.

"No, no, no." She tossed a pastel blue tee, a grey dress and a pair of short shorts out onto the carpet at Steven's feet.

"Well I think you look good all the time." He murmered. This took Raven aback, but she pretended she couldn't hear.

"Aha!" She grinned, holding up a plaid pattern red dress. Red was definitely her colour. She loved this dress. Next, she brushed out her hair so it was nice and neat and applied a minimal amount of makeup. She dressed Renan up in a plain black baby onesie and gave him a black pacifier too. She worked his curls out with a plastic comb and moisturiser she had bought that was specifically for curly hair. When she was done they both looked very presentable.

"Alright are you ready, Raven?" Steven asked as she stepped out in the dress and a pair of black pumps. She felt good in what she was wearing.

"Now we're ready." She smiled,

"Okay, good. He'll be at the apartment in a little over half an hour." Stevie fidgeted a bit at the thought. "See ya, Seymour! Thanks for the drink!" He called as he exited the house,

"Bye guys, have fun!" Her father yelled back.

"Oh we will!" Raven smiled as she made her way towards her car. Once the door was unlocked, Steven unstrapped and transferred Renan's car seat to his own car and Raven placed her baby into it.

"Okay, sweetie. We're gonna meet Paul Stanley!" She kissed his forehead and buckled him in, then made her way to the passenger's side and climbed in. Steven jumped into the driver's seat and started the car, reversed out if the driveway and they were on their way.

"Oh my god I'm so excited!" Steven exclaimed, smiling brightly as he drove the car towards the band's apartment.

Upon arrival, Raven and Steven found Axl seated on the couch lazily with his feet up,

"Oh, hey guys! Have a seat, Paul should arrive within the next ten minutes." He said, 

"Righto Ax." Raven replied, having a seat and bouncing Renan on her leg while she waited.

"You look nice." He commented, looking at her out the corner of his eye,

"Thanks, Ax, so do you." She smiled lightly, noting the bandana and hustler t-shirt he had on with his jeans.

"Where's everyone else?" Raven asked him,

"Izzy and Slash are in the bathroom getting high and Duff is yet to arrive." As he spoke, a car could be heard pulling up outside. Axl got up to answer the door and Steven muttered something about needing the toilet. He made his way toward the bathroom. Slash and Izzy soon appeared, looking like they were high as kites, and sat down either side of Raven. Duff and Axl entered the room and sat on the floor before them around the coffee table, and Steven soon returned from the bathroom and joined them. Soon enough, a knock sounded at the door and Axl got up to answer it.

"Yeah hi, I'm Axl, the lead singer. Just come right in and sit down." They heard Axl speak,

"Okay nice meeting you." A deep voice answered. Paul Stanley suddenly appeared at the door. He looked very different without the makeup. Raven stared at the man before her and smiled, and Renan said "gah." In his baby voice.

Paul Stanley sat down on the floor beside an ecstatic, grinning Steven and Axl sat down also.

"Alright so, just to introduce everyone, that's Izzy Stradlin up there-" Axl began, pointing at a dazed looking Izzy who was obviously trying- and failing- very hard to seem composed. He was drooling. "-Slash." Axl gestured towards their barely concious lead guitarist, "Steven's the bouncy guy next to you." Steven mouthed 'hi.' And gave an awkward, dorky wave. "That's Duff," Duff smiled, "and that there is Raven and her son Renan, but she's not part of the band. She's just a good friend of ours." Axl explained, Paul Stanley turned his gaze on Raven, glancing down her body, towards the baby in her lap, then back at her face.

"Pleasure meeting you all." He smiled politely, "first thing's first. I wanna rewrite welcome to the jungle." This sentence changed the whole atmosphere of the room. Axl's face became stony, a frown tugged at Duff's lips, Steven's ecstatic smile turned into a disappointed scowl and she thought she heard Slash make a noise like 'ugh!'.

"It has alot of potential,  but it lacks an impactful structure. It needs a chorus that's more memorable.  More sing-song. More anthemic." Paul said, smiling as if it was a great idea.

Raven had to hold back her laughter, but Axl didn't bother. He cracked up laughing,

"What the fuck do you mean by that?!" He exclaimed. Raven could tell Paul had crossed some kind of line, judging by the fiery look behind Axl's eyes, and Paul Stanley's expression told her that he thought so too.

"Um- I feel like the song- and the album would benefit from a rewrite. To be more... catchy." Paul sounded more confident with each word he spoke. The weight of the room pressed in on him, as each and every person there realised that Kiss was not the right sort of band for them to be working with, or to be helping make their sound. He was much too glam rock. Paul Stanley hadn't seen where guns n roses were coming from for a very long time. He simply couldn't understand them because what he was doing was so much different to what they were doing.

As far as Guns N' Roses themselves were concerned, Paul Stanley could go back to his big house and his trophy wife and leave them well alone at that stage. The record company, however, may just have had different plans...

Okay so basically yeah this is short as, but it's sort of the first part of a two part thing.
Thanks for reading and thanks for your seemingly endless patience!
Vote, comment...