Just My Favourite

Raven stood in the dingy room which housed a long lounge and a coffee table. Before her was a man with greying hair and a big, round, friendly face, and beside him sat a kid of about 17 with brown hair and a very early mobile 'brick' phone. He was saying goodbye, as he seemed to be friends with Slash, and wanted to hang out with him.

"Yeah man, see ya." He said, then took the phone away from his ear and pressed the hang up button. He tossed it onto the coffee table, and got up. Slash and he walked througha door that lead deeper into the house and Steven gleefully followed.

"Hey Raven, sweetie, you look a bit dazed. Saul was saying you hit your head." Seymour Cassel said, concerned.

"Yes sir, I fell off my BMX." Raven responded.

"Alright, well how are ya feelin'?" Her 'father' asked,

"Kinda dizzy... nauseous, don't remember much..." she carefully added the final statement.

"How much do you not know so far?"

"Ehm... I don't know." She said, confused. Her headache was going down, but her nausea still resided deep in her gut and she was having difficulty untangling her memories of her old life from the new ones.

"Daddy?" She almost begged.

"Hmm?"

"Could I nap?" She asked.

"Of course!" He said. He rose and lead the way through one of the many doors in the walls, and Into a kitchen, where he poured a glass of water. Raven chugged it, then put the glass on the sink.

"C'mere, I'll help you upstairs." Raven did as he said, and he lead her back to the loungeroom, then through the same door the three guys had gone through. Raven held mr Cassel's arm as they ascended the staircase beyond the door, then her father took her through a hallway and another door on the left to a room completely painted in fire engine red, with a queen sized bed in the centre that had a black bed cover with the van halen band logo on it. The black bedside tables either side of it had lamps with red lampshades and red stands, and there was a big black and red wooden box at the end of her bed.

Raven looked around her, and spotted a black boombox and a wooden record stand full of van halen, AC/DC, aerosmith, and oldies like the doors and led zeppelin. There was also a desk and a dresser, both in red and black.

"You got it from here, yeah?" Her dad asked rhetorically. "Gimme a yell if you need me." He then walked back out of her new room.

She stepped onto the regular old white carpet, but noticed the red shag rug in the middle of the room. Raven smiled and walked to the wardrobe built into the wall. Upon opening it, she came across a bunch of band shirts, some plain ones, denim and leather jackets, and combat boots. She had a draw filled with all sorts of socks, nice thongs, undies and bras (including the lacy kind), and another drawer had four pairs of skinny jeans (one faded blue, two black, and a normal dark blue) and some belts. One black one with a big, chunky silver belt buckle shaped like a gun, one had a regular buckle and black leather, and finally, a silver studded black leather belt with the square pyramid shaped studs.

Raven grinned. Then she spotted the leather pants. Raven was so happy! Her wardrobe was perfect! Her room was perfect! This was awesome.

She crossed to the big wooden box and opened it. There were satin sheets, normal sheets, extra doonas, doona covers amd pillow cases, all in red or black, and one black doona cover had AC/DC across it. Extra bedclothes, in other words.

Raven shut that box and turned to the desk. Everything she needed for writing was here. There was a pack of paper, pens, ink, even an 'in' tray and a magazine stand which could hold story plans and actual stories. There was an array of highlighters for colour coding, too. Raven nodded approvingly, then looked at the dresser. It had a big mirror, a chair to sit on, and all sorts of hair products and makeup. There was hair spray and a teasing comb, a hair brush, hair rollers in a silver tin, nail polishes, and of course the works in makeup; eyeliner, blush, foundation, eye shadow, lipsticks, lip balms a nd more!

Raven sat on her big bed and lay back. It was comfy as heck. Then she heard a tiny 'meow'. She jumped slightly, and glanced around her.

From beneath the bed came a tiny kitten with big green eyes. It had on a bright red collar. Raven immediately melted. It was so cute! She stood up and leaned down. She gently picked it up, and checked the silver tag on its collar. 'Lupus', turning it over, the other side read 'if found, please return to Raven Cassel', and beneath that was a string of numbers she took to be a phone number.

"My cat?!" She exclaimed. Raven carried the kitten over and drew the red curtains across the window, then climbed into her bed. The kitten curled up happily beside her, and Raven very quickly drifted off to sleep.

What would tomorrow hold? She wondered.