Tour

It was January 1991 and Raven was supposed to be sitting on an aeroplane setting off for the first leg of the lengthy use your illusions tour. First stop- 'Rock in Rio' in Brazil.
Duff plodded along, dragging a suitcase behind him, his long legs carrying him ahead of the rest of the group. Beside him walked Steven, also dragging a suitcase. Axl carried two large shoulder bags in each hand, Erin had her handbag in one hand, trotting along next to Axl and fussing,
"Ohh but Axl I can carry mine- it's okay!" To which Axl shot her a look as if to say 'right... as if I'd let you do that!'. Slash, Izzy and her walked along just behind them, the rest of the crew having already arrived and gotten onto the plane. Raven was holding Renan's hand and falling behind a little from the others as Renan tried his best to keep up on his short legs, dragging a teddy bear behind him as he jogged. Raven leaned down and scooped him up into her arms, dragging an oversized suitcase along with the other hand. They were slightly late- well- okay. They needed to move. They had to land, book in at the hotel and then get food and everything in order... Alan would be- oh no- that's right, Axl had fired him. A shame, honestly, because Raven really did like the guy. So Doug would be waiting.
"C'mon, I don't wanna be fucking late!" Slash called back from up ahead.
"We're coming!!" Raven replied, tone worried and apologetic. Renan had a fistful of her t shirt and he gazed ahead at Slash as he clung onto her while she jogged towards the lead guitarist, Renan's curls bouncing with the movement.
As she reached Slash, who had waited up while the others kept moving, he grabbed hold of her luggage, taking it from her.
"Oh no- I've got it!"
"Don't argue with me, just get on board!" Slash sounded a little impatient. Raven power walked on, biting her tongue as she tried not to snap back at him.
'He's only trying to help.'
She told herself.
Just as that went through her head, one of the heels on the black pumps she was wearing snapped, sending her sprawling backwards onto the hard linoleum flooring,
"Aw fuck- you okay, Rae?" Slash sounded concerned. Renan had landed on her chest, her having caught the full brunt of the fall. It had completely knocked the wind out of her and she weezed for breath as she gazed back up at the guitarist, leaning over her.
The way he hovered above her put her in mind of when she had first time traveled to that skate park and the first thing she had seen when she opened her eyes was that bouncy mass of curls.
She smiled weakly,
"I'm okay... I'll be okay!" Slash offered his hand, pulling her to her feet.
"These shoes will be the death of me." She laughed awkwardly as she placed her son on the ground so as to slip off the now unusable high heels. Slash smiled back,
"Yeah, I'll stick to my cowboy boots," he winked and then added, "good to keep moving?" Raven glanced around the large white painted room with its rows of chairs and replied,
"Yeah- yeah let's- " she stammered a little, clearing her throat, "move..." Once again she scooped her son up into her arms and they made off again.
Once on board everybody settled down again and began choosing seats and pouring drinks.
Renan bounded over to Axl
"Ax!" He barked in his tiny voice, getting the red head's attention.
"Yeah?"
"I'm- sitting- 'ere." The child said the words disjointedly, still unsure of english. Axl broke out into a smile as Renan climbed into the seat beside him. Erin hesitated for a second before taking the seat behind Axl. She was soon joined by the nurse who would be monitoring her pregnancy whilst on the road.
Slash dropped into the seat next to Raven,
"Mind if I sit here?" He asked.
"Not at all!" She smiled. There was a very long silence among the two as they buckled up and the plane began to move. Renan had hold of Axl's hand.
"Woah!" He exclaimed, "how- the big- aero-pane fie?" Renan was amazed,
"How do you think it flies?" Axl smiled.
"Magic!" Renan replied, "dee cl-ouds- magic!" He sounded happy and excited,
"Oh! I think you might be onto something there, kiddo." Axl grinned.
"Weally?" He asked,
"Yeah!" Axl smiled down at him.
"Mom says- I- silly." Renan looked completely serious as he said this, and Axl chuckled.
"You are!" Axl said, touching Renan on the end of the nose with his fingertip. Renan looked confused. "But in a good way." Axl elaborated. This won him a big smile from Renan.
"Aww- tanks un-cle Ax." He smiled.
"Renan's a cutie." Slash said to Raven, who had been smiling proudly at her son and Axl.
"Yeah." She turned her gaze to Slash. His warm brown eyes captured her gaze. They were very pretty, and trusting, and she could swear she saw a deep sense of adoration in them as she gazed at him, but the fact that his hair was all in his face made it hard to see.
"So- uh... tour huh?" Raven spoke,
"It's gonna be a fun one." Slash winked, smiling. She wasn't sure what that alluded to, but maybe she was reading into something that wasn't there. She turned her eyes to the view out the window instead, and tried to disregard the haunting feeling she was getting that maybe Slash liked her as more then a friend.

Thanks for the read, have a good one!
Please feel free to let me know what you thought.