32||ISOLATION

{BAKUGOU'S POV}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{BAKUGOU'S POV}~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ONE DAY LATER

My head was pounding, the bright lights of the office acted as an enhancer. Every little sound was amplified tenfold like it was being played directly into my ear.

I heard the door open and I turned to see Kirishima standing there.

I frowned. I wasn't sure why, but I had expected to see (Y/N) standing there. But obviously she wasn't. She's dead. It was a hard pill to swallow to say the least. Waking up in the hospital and being told what happened was fever dream.

"Why did you show up?" His words were gentle but I felt like I was being accused of something.

How could I show my face around here after what happened? After what I let happen?

The pounding in my head grew. The doctor told me that with my concussion things like earbuds, screens, reading; pretty my anything other than staring at a wall wasn't recommended.

"I work here."

"You knew you weren't required to be here for the next week."

He was right. But sitting on my ass for a week sounded like a personalized hell. "Sounded optional," I told him.

Kirishima crossed the room and leaned against (Y/N)'s desk. "It's ok to take a break. Especially after everything that happened."

"Taking time to grieve won't help me." Grieve. The word caught in my throat.

"Maybe, but it would help your concussion," he answered. "Tackling this with a clear head would probably be better."

I was getting angry, which wasn't good for my headache. "I'm taking your shitty advice," I snapped. The volume of my own voice was painful. "I know what's best for me, and you're disrupting my work! How the hell am I supposed to catch this guy if I'm never given time to think?"

My hands were clenched around the armrests of my chair. My body was rigid and I could feel myself beginning to shake. I could tell Kirishima was pretending to not notice.

His silence was awful, it left me time to think. I wish I knew what happened, my memory was foggy about that night. All I remember after dinner was looking at the stars. I could still see her hair floating over her shoulders as she searched the sky. Even with the harsh glow of the streetlight she still looked angelic.

Kirishima finally spoke, "I miss her, too."

The words left my mouth before I could stop them. "At least it's not your fault."

"It's not your fault either." Those were the words you're expected to say in circumstances like these. "You were unconscious, it's like blaming (Y/N). You were both caught off guard."