25||AGGRAVATION

{DABI'S POV}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{DABI'S POV}~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TWO DAYS LATER

I walked away, the brisk air was cool against my neck, but every other part of me was burning.

I could sense the heat on my back when I exited the alleyway, the flames left a orange glow on my back. I had to get out of here as fast as I could, anyone would notice the bonfire any second.

Dousing someone in gasoline wasn't my first idea, hardly, but I needed another MO. I needed them to think it was someone else.

I turned onto the street and walked briskly. My hands were shaking so I shoved them in my pockets.

The street lights glowed harshly against the cracked concrete, the sidewalk was littered with trash and the street was littered with potholes. Buildings crowded both sides of the city street, and the greenery that separated road and sidewalk was dull and leafless.

I tried to tell myself that I was just cold, and that's all it was. I was shivering, nothing more to it.

But something was creeping up on me. A feeling that I thought I'd gotten rid of a long tome ago; remorse. Something happened yesterday that made everything I tried so hard to forget come rushing back. All the thoughts of what I could've been ambushed me the moment I realized that I saw a different version of myself in those stupid detectives.

The more I walked, taking more turns and getting farther and farther away from the crime scene, the more the shaking spread.

I didn't want to be doing this.

I never did.

It wasn't like when I was second grade, filling out those where do I see myself in 20 years I wrote down serial killer. When did I cross that line? When did I decide the person I used to be wasn't good enough?

I passed by a building that was taller than all the rest. In fact, it was greater in every way. The windows were cleaner, entrance was nicer, and the billboard outshined all the rest.

And it read: Endeavor.

A shudder passed through me at the mere thought that he could be in there right now.

A growing anger boiled inside me. It was his fault I turned out like this. I wouldn't have had to made the choices I made if it wasn't for him. I could be happy right now. I could have a wife, kids, living a normal suburban life like my siblings.