28||SOLUTION

{DABI'S POV}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{DABI'S POV}~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ONE DAY LATER

"Everything going to plan?" I asked Shigaraki. The TV droned on in the background, but neither of us paid it any mind.

We sat inside a house outside of the city. Normally its only use is to hold product, but after everything those fucking detectives have figured out, I decided to move somewhere that doesn't have my name on the lease.

Shigaraki swirled the liquor in his cup, watching as the liquid chased itself around and around. "Yeah. Turns out your idea wasn't half bad. If we keep going like this we can only level up from here."

I rolled my eyes at his stupid video game talk. But it was hard to stay mad, not when everything was working. I was slowly building back all the money Kurogiri stole from me when his lackeys robbed one of my drug dens clean of product.

But now my methods of revenge have shifted. Murder was petty and small minded, I realize that now. Now my ranks are slowly infiltrating theirs with the instructions to steal whatever they can without getting caught. On top of that, Kurogiri's guys are now being robbed on the street. Clean of cash and drugs. Both go directly to my possession.

Of course, I'll have to keep the murders up. Stopping cold turkey now would only rouse suspicion.

"If someone doesn't fuck it up, that is." I kept waiting for something to go wrong. And I know it will have something to do with the investigation. "So we'll have to keep those detective occupied."

Shigaraki leaned forward, my words snagged his interest. "Finally got the balls to kill them?" Shigaraki taunted.

"Why kill them when I can get so much more with them alive." I explained my thoughts. If I want their noses away from me, what could interest them more than if something were to happen to only one of them? Wouldn't it be their moral duty to get revenge?

Shigaraki grinned, his dry lips cracked at the expression. I always hated his smile, but I was smiling too. How could I not? Even though I had evaded capture this long that didn't mean I was winning this race. But now I had a shot at taking the lead.

"There's something you'll have to do for me if we want this plan to work," I explained to him. He looked at me, the grin was wiped from his face and all that was left was annoyance. "Flee."

The simple instruction was lost on him. His confusion was immediately apparent, both from his twisted, ugly expression, and the string of curse words. My favorite part about this plan is that he'll be leaving the country for a few days. It'll give me more than enough time to get comfortable and adapt to the new flow of things.

"I'll only do it if there's something in it for me," he replied.

Selfish as always. But that's business, you don't become a drug lord because of your compassion and charity.

"Of course, dipshit." I got the urge to smack him across the face. "Plenty of cash is coming in now that we're selling product faster than we can make it."

"Better be a damn good bonus."

I shot him a look, "I'll give you whatever the fuck I want. You want a fair bonus go work for a company that follows the law."

He stood up, taking the last swig of his drink before slamming it down to the table. "Bastard," he grumbled.

He walked out of the room, then out of the house.

We both know his bonus will be more than fair, I just don't like being told what to do as much as be likes being reminded of that.

I pushed myself off the chair, a nice brown one that had yet to be stained, and grabbed the couple of glasses that littered the coffee table in front of it. I glanced at the couch beside me, half expecting there to be grease stains where Shigaraki was sitting. It was still as clean as the chair.

The white carpet free from wine stains, the walls that haven't gotten that layer of grime from smoking, everything was too clean. Nobody had ever lived her and it wasn't ever expected of anyone to move in. The only reason it has furniture is because it came with the house.

I walked into the kitchen, the white tile reflected into my eyes. Much different from the vomit green in my apartment. I tossed the cups in the sink which was surrounded by a granite counter. It was clutter free, also a fast change of pace from my old home.

The stairs to the unfinished basement led to the kitchen and I headed down there. It's always nice to clean up before a guest arrives.

This chapter was so short but there wasn't much that needed to be done. Just a lot of info dumping and some secrets :)

To make up for this short chapter I'm posting the next one right away. This isn't even 1,000 words which I usually try to hit but there was no forcing it this time.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed!