5||EXAMINATION

{BAKUGOU'S POV}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{BAKUGOU'S POV}~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TWO WEEKS LATER

I ran a hand through my hair, letting out a frustrated growl. It had been two weeks and we hadn't even made a dent. Without a lead the killer can just keep going around murdering people without anything to stop them.

I glanced over at (L/N), she didn't seem to be having much better luck than me. Her face was a look of determination as she clicked through files on her computer. Instead of worrying about her (h/c) hair falling in her face, it was pulled back into a bun with only a few strands falling loose. (L/N) scribbled a few things down onto a sheet of paper before turning her full attention back to the laptop in front of her.

Looking back at mine, it was nothing special. Photos of all the bodies and all the leads which were as minimal as the handprints on the first victims neck. How was that even supposed to help? All they did was point to a male killer but even then they couldn't be sure, I've met some girls with big hands.

It wasn't like we could go all Cinderella on this case either. Just have the whole city of Tokyo go down to the morgue and put their hand on the lady's neck to see if the size was a match? I don't think so.

The other clue was a cut on the first victim again, great. All they had to do was find someone with a knife roughly the same size as the injury and the had their guy. It wasn't like people had kitchen utensils with blades of all sizes.

Another hand tore through my hair as I leaned back in my chair. How the hell were either of us supposed to figure this out? I stood up abruptly and (L/N)'s head snapped towards me.

"Where are you going?" She asked and I resisted the urge to tell her to fuck off. What was she, my babysitter?

"Bathroom break, I think I'll be fine on my own," I responded half heartedly. I didn't turn to look at her as I answered, then it would look like I had interest in what she said.

I heard her scoff, "I was just wondering, we have a lot of work to do on this case so if you could pull that stick out of y-."

Her voice cut off as I slammed the door shut. I didn't want to listen to her nagging me or telling me pull something out of my ass.

I didn't ask for a partner in these cases, especially one that annoyed me more than they actually helped me. All I could hope for is that she's one of the next victims.

Maybe then she'd finally keep her trap shut.

I continued walking, past the bathrooms and towards the exit. Spending my time here merely looking at pictures was a waste of my time. Niether of us would get anywhere doing that, I was just the one that was smart enough to realize that.