21||INFILTRATION

{READER'S POV}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{READER'S POV}~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TWO DAYS LATER

Going undercover didn't seem like a good idea, but we weren't content with sitting still anymore.

Instead of my usual jeans and collared shirt, I now wore leggings topped off with grey sweatshirt with some random logo on it. Bakugou wore casual clothes as well, black sweatpants with a baggy white shirt. Thrown over the shirt was a zip-up jacket with plentiful pockets on the inside and out.

Leaving our badges in the car, we got out, a serious silence between us. Going in empty handed wasn't an option, so I carried a purse with everything I'd normally have on duty plus more.

Taser, handcuffs, even a gun. Bakugou had the same supplies except in the inward pockets of his jacket.

The idea was after we buy the drugs, we follow the dealer. Maybe he would lead us to his house. Maybe he would lead us somewhere a little more worth while.

The biggest concern on my mind was that we'd be recognized. No amount of glasses or beanies would hide our appearance. That's why Bakugou had a snapback with a majority of his hair tucked in and a mask a nurse may wear at a hospital.

I, on the other hand, wore a beanie. My (H/C) hair was styled in a way that made it appear shorter than usual. My face was disguised by fake Walmart glasses and another mask just like Bakugou's.

I feel like we look a little too suspicious.

We turned off the sidewalk into a narrow alley which was littered with garbage. The scent of weed and cigarettes wafted off the area, I repressed a cough.

"You're a shitty liar, so follow my lead," Bakugou instructed, casually leaning against the brick building. He always seemed so at ease, everyone who knew him was aware that he was the type of person to walk into a room and try to own everyone in it. Even now he had that vibe, but I knew better than the suspect he wasn't nervous.

"Okay," I agreed, now wasn't the time for an argument. Besides, he was right. I'm a sucky liar. "Do you think they'll question the masks?"

"Let's add that to the list of questions you should've asked in the fucking car," he grumbled. He was right again, though. "And I believe that falls under the 'follow my lead' instruction."

I could only imagine the scowl on Bakugou's face, but the mask covered it beautifully. "Fine, I just won't say anything the whole time."

"About time you got the fucking memo," was all he had time to say before a new figure joined us in the alley.

His black sweatshirt was zipped up and his hands were shoved deeply into his pockets. The hood was pulled around his face, but he didn't seem to be trying to hide. A cheeky smile graced his features, making him appear easy-going or even nice.