23||AFFECTION

{BAKUGOU'S POV}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{BAKUGOU'S POV}~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MEANWHILE...

My footsteps echoed across the halls of the warehouse. I could hear Shigarki in pursuit, but it didn't take long for them to slow, or for the exit to come into view.

All those chase scenes I've seen in movies were lackluster compared to the real thing. It's not hard to outrun a drug addict, especially when they dabble in alcohol and smoking as well. His lungs are shit, I could hear it in his raspy breaths as he attempted the impossible, and I would be shocked if he wasn't high or drunk now.

I could hear him calling insults and taunts calling after me as a reminder that (Y/N) is still back there. But how good would I be dead?

Gunshots followed, but I wasn't worried about him hitting me. He couldn't even do it when I was a few feet in front of him, how could he manage it down a long hallway.

Moonlight from an open door lead me like a beacon. As soon as I exited, a cool breeze hit me, making me realize how sweaty I really was.

I whipped off my mask and snapback hat, letting my hair fan out from it.

Now my new priority was to find (Y/N). My hopes were low, however, after she had tripped the only feeling I had was pity. I was helpless, pathetic, and now she was probably facing her death.

Then she should've just kept fucking running. Who is she, Velma?

I shook the thought from my head. As much as I loved having a scapegoat, now was not the time to blame her. Not when it was more likely that I'd find her as a corpse than alive.

I briefly considered calling out to her, but I wasn't dumb enough for that. Shigaraki or Dabi could hear, and then where would that leave me? On a newspaper headline that read: Two Detectives Dead While Working On The Man Of Burns Case.

Hell no.

That's not how I wanted to go out.

The scenery around me had quickly turned to forest, and I used it to hide my cover while I considered what the fuck to do now.

I nearly smacked my head when I came to the obvious conclusion.

I grabbed my phone from my my jacket and quickly dialed Kirishima, all while finicking with my gun, examining it for any possible reason as to why it jammed.

"Hey, Bakugou," he greeted. "How did the undercover operation go?"

"I'll send you an address, we need people here now," I told him, sparing any small talk. He could infer the answer to his question all on his own. I didn't have to spell it out for him. "We found one of their bases."