You're Not Alone (Naruto Fanfic) Chapter 10

Yuzuki's POV

Finally.

Temari and Kankuro have been completely driving me crazy! It's not even funny anymore!

Walked to the hall and there every one of the sensei's and the Hokage were there. I looked around, I could see all of the remaining genins, oh.

And what do you know? All of the Konoha ninja were there too, the blond, Emo and pinky's team looked... Unlevelled, if you could call it that. Actually all of the genins from Konoha did, like they were in a rough fight. Really rough.

I caught Shikamaru, Ino and Choji's eye, they nodded to me and the blond girl mouthed 'thank you.' I shrugged.

"Welcome everyone, congratulations on getting through the Forest Of Death, now, since there are too many competitors still left..." The Hokage started, but he was interrupted.

"I'm sorry Lord Hokage, may I explain?" The Hokage nodded to him, "Thank you... *cough cough* hello, I am your new proctor. Since there are too many ninja still left... *cough cough* we have to hold preliminaries."

"What?! Right now?!" The boy with a dog on his head... Kiba I think. Shouted.

"Yes, now.*cough cough*, if any of you don't feel up to it, please forfeit."

I sweatdropped, dude, YOU do not seem up to it.

"I forfeit!" A Konoha ninja said, none of the rookies. He was the one who had the cards.

"Hmm... Kabuto Yakushi am I correct?" Kabuto nodded.

"But Kabuto! Why?" The blond boy, Naruto, asked him.

Kabuto replied. "Sorry Naruto, but since the beginning, my left ear hasn't been working. I might as well just back out now." Naruto looked down and nodded slowly.

"Anyone else?" The proctor asked.

I saw that team with Naruto in it talk a bit, seems like Sakura wanted Sasuke to back out, but he said no.

'Oh Yuzuki... The time is nearing... So close... I will be released... I will be released!!!' Shukaku gave a loud and crazy laugh that made me cringe, Gaara did too, I rubbed my head in annoyance.

'Shut up.'

I rubbed my head and tapped Temari on the shoulder.

"Yuzuki? You okay?" She asked, was she... Concerned?

"Yeah, can you shake me when it's my turn? I will be over there." I told her, she nodded worriedly, I dropped onto the seat behind me and shut up eyes, rubbing my temples soothingly.

*dream world*

'Its not going to wooooorkk...' Shukaku sang mockingly.

'Shut up!!'

'Oh Yuzuki, you don't know what will happen to you...' He grinned, his sand tail swishing behind him, the purple paint in patterns.

'I just need you for power Shukaku, and you will not break free,'

'Curse someone... And another grave is dug... I will come out soon.... I will kill.... Kill!!' He howled with laughter as I held my head.

"...uki..."

"Yuzuki!? Are you okay?" I was shaken by Temari.

I blinked and jolted up, "Uhh... Yeah. Totally. I'm totally awake." I muttered and got up, "Is it my turn?"

Temari shook her head, "No, sorry, I know you told me to wake you up when it was but you just looked like you were having a nightmare."

I sighed, "No, I wasn't sleeping, just shut my eyes. But it's alright."

I looked to the arena and my eyes boggled, "GAARA!"

His sand skin was breaking and cracking off, his eyes were wild and... And... This just wasn't Gaara! It was Shukaku!

He held the Green spandex ninja in his grip and the sand was making its way up to him, my eyes widened, normally I would be fine with this, but Shukaku was taking over Gaara! Had to do something!

"Now... You die!" Gaara's wild and untamed eyes widened as he spoke in a rusty voice.

From the corner of my eye I saw a flash of green spark into the arena, and I took my chances.

I emerged from the sand next to Gaara and forced him to let go of Rock Lee.

Gaara glared at me and I glared back, throwing Rock Lee to his Sensei.

I held Gaara's head in my hands and I stared at him in the eyes, examining his pupils and shut my eyes and spoke in his mind.

"Gaara... Don't let Shukaku get to you... And you Shukaku! STAY WHERE YOU ARE!!!" I shouted desperate to get MY Gaara back.

I felt struggling, my mind was getting pulled away from his, Shukaku was too strong..

"Why...?" Gaara spoke in a weak voice, "Why are you protecting him...? He has al...ready failed...?" He clutched his head as I let go of him.

"Because... He is precious to me..." Might Gai said. Cradling Lee in his arms.

Let's body rose, my eyes widened, this wasn't possible! He should be unconscious by now-...

Oh.

My arms dropped to my side.

I shook my head slowly.

He WAS unconscious.

"Lee! You... You've done enough!" Gai sobbed, and wrapped his arms around his risen student, I grabbed Gaara's hand tightly.

"I... I don't understand..." Gaara groaned.

I looked at him, "We're not meant to."

"That's it... I quit." Gaara walked away and dropped my hand.

I exhaled lightly.

"Winner, Gaara of the Sand." The proctor said.

I glanced at Gai and the unconscious Lee, Gai turned to me and nodded his head as a 'thanks'. I turned away.

I don't think I was doing it for him.

It was for Gaara,

I think.

Right?

I shook it off and went up to where everyone was. They were sending me glances which I ignored, I turned to Temari and Kankuro.

"Shukaku is breaking out. Gaara's not stable."

Temari and Kankuro's eyes widened is fear, they looked at each other then turned to me.

"What about you?" Temari asked.

I sighed, "I'm alright, I don't know why, but Shukaku wants Gaara to break first, don't worry about me."

They nodded and looked back, Gaara had collapsed on the chair I was previously sat at while I looked at him softly.

'Gaara... Don't break... I'm here for you... Always...'

I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned and looked at Temari.

"I don't think it's time to be relaxing. No matter how terrible this person is." She told me, I blinked and looked at the screen.

YUZUKI OF THE SAND

VS

TSUKI MAI

Heh, lets have some fun.