You're Not Alone (Naruto Fanfic) Chapter 4

Yuzuki's POV

I walked to the academy with Gaara, Kankuro and Temari, people were sending us weary stares, but not at me, not all of them were for me. Even Temari and Kankuro got some, but they... Haven't done anything wrong.

"Yuzuki-san, we're here, we have to go straight to our seats, you stay with the teacher until he gives you a seat. Okay?" Temari asks, I nodded, it looked like everyone in the class was here, we were the last ones. They walk into the room and sat down in the 2nd row. I blinked and looked at the teacher, he sends me a smile. I tilt my head in confusion.

Why is he smiling at me?

Oh... He doesn't know who I am, pfft.

"Class we have a new student, care to introduce yourself?" He smiles at me again.

I face everyone, Temari and Kankuro grinned at me, Gaara gave me a slight smile, but even a smile as small as his is enough.

"My name is Yuzuki." I say, the teacher's face twists, giving me a surprised and scared look. He gulps.

I see Temari stand up, "And if anyone messes with her, they will have us to answer to! Got that?" She yells. People give frightened nods.

"And her full name is Yuzuki of the Desert, right? And what is she to you Gaara?" Kankuro grins at Gaara.

Gaara gives him a silent glare, "She's my best friend." I hear gasps, I break my blank face and give him and smile. But then as soon as it came, it went.

Ahhh life is sweet

"Yu-Yuzuki... You can sit wherever you want..." The teacher said stuttering, but I didn't mind it. It just made things even better. Being feared.

I walked to the 2nd row and sat down next to Gaara, more gasps, I refrained from rolling my eyes.

Come people, Gaara is like the sweetest person on earth, but you people are too scared of him to know.

"Okay, today we will be learning about Chakra." I listen intently, I wasn't a ninja, this was my first, so I had to know, I didn't look like I was listening but I was.

"The Lives Chakra is essential to even the most basic technique; it is the moulding of the physical energy (身体エネルギー, shintai enerugī) present in every cell of the body and the spiritual energy (精神エネルギー, seishin enerugī) gained from exercise and experience. Once moulded, it can be channelled through the chakra circulatory system, which is to chakra as the regular circulatory system is to blood, to any of the 361 chakra points (called tenketsu) in the body. Through various methods, the most common of which is hand seals, the chakra can then be manipulated to create an effect that would not be possible otherwise, such as walking on water, exhaling fire or creating illusions.

By moulding different ratios of the two energies, new types of chakra can be formed. Most ninja have a natural affinity to one type of chakra, but they have the capacity to create elemental chakra apart from their own affinity. There are five basic types, each stronger and weaker to another, but their relations, weaknesses, and strengths to each other are all explored. There is also the dealing of Yin and Yang and the balance of mental and physical energies. In addition to these five elements, certain kekkei genkai can mix elemental chakra to form new natures, for example it is possible to mix water and wind into ice. While many ninja can use more than one type of chakra, very few are able to use them simultaneously."

I listened and took it all in; he started talking about the different chakra natures, and there was a special chakra paper that you could use to determine your chakra nature.