Chapter 27: Not Afraid

"Hey Dolph, do you mind if I have a word with Randi, alone?"

Dolph scowls, "Yeah actually, I do. The last time you had a word with her...oh wait," a smile breaks out on his face. "Nevermind, go right on ahead. I almost forgot about the ass-kicking she gave you Saturday. Not to mention the one moments ago. Do you remember, because you look kind of confused."

Dean smirks, "Yeah, laugh it up Dolph, but I bet you won't be laughing when Randy kicks your ass later on tonight."

"You know something," Dolph says taking a step towards Dean. I take a step in between them.

"Ok, back it up," I turn to Dolph, "just go prepare for your match, I'll only need a few minutes."

He nods and gives Dean one more dirty look, before heading into his locker room. I turn back to Dean.

"You wanna talk? Talk."

He leans back against the wall and looks at his feet. "On Saturday, I was drunk. I didn't mean those things that I said. And even though you gave me what I deserve," he smiles and rubs his eye, "I'm still going to apologize to you. So Randi, I'm sorry."

I nod. "Are you done?"

He shrugs, "Yeah, I am."

"Ok then, my turn. If this is supposed to be a ploy for me not to fight you tonight, it's not gonna work. I'm not going to go hide under a rock. I-I like fighting guys. It gives me this thrill that I can't even explain. It makes me feel powerful. Way more powerful than fighting in the Diva's division does."

I move my head so that he'll look at me. "Dean?"

His eyes meet mine.

"I do know. I know that you and The Shield, and Randy are good guys, but on Saturday...you made this personal for absolutely no reason. You made this a part of my script, and I'm just doing my job. I don't care if anyone likes it or not. You and me, are fighting tonight. And I don't know how it's going to end, but I do know I'm not going to back down. I'm ready to fight and I'm not afraid. I'm not afraid of anyone."

Dean looks back down at the floor, then rubs the back of his head, as he nods. He looks back up at me. "Fair enough." He steps off of the wall, then starts to turn around and leave, but stops all of a sudden. He sticks his hand out to me.

"I understand why you're angry, you have every right to be, but for what it's worth...I really am sorry."

I look at his face to gauge his reaction. His eyes...full of sincerity. 

A small smile breaks out onto his face, as I accept the token of his handshake. I smile at him and his face changes into complete shock as I pull him into a hug.

"I forgive you, just don't make me regret it." I say into his chest, before letting go.

He smiles again and pats me on the shoulder, "See ya out there kid." He turns around and leaves.

Dolph opens his locker room door, smiling.

"How much of that did you hear?" I ask him.

He shrugs and throws his arm around me, "Oh, only all of it."

"Dolph!" I push his arm off of me.

He laughs and wraps his arm around my neck, then pulls me into a hug. "In all seriousness though...I'm proud of you."

I squeeze my arms around his waist. "Thanks...I'm proud of myself."

He pulls away, "You ready? My match is now."

I smile and nod, "Yeah. I think I am."

He takes my hand and, together, we make our way to the gorilla.